Dust sheets (please read) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 6 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dust sheets (please read) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not convinced that people will pay the extra. We sell a stair runner 24ft x 3ft cheapo dust sheet for under £5, and a 12ft x 9ft for £5.95 + VAT. At those prices, they are just consumables.

See what I was saying earlier, for a fiver, once it's trashed. Through it away. These expensive sheets sound great, but I for one won't be putting a dust sheet through the wash!

Cheers for your time though everyone who got involved.

Cotton twill sheets are horrible. This is like driving to work on a unicycle or a transporter!

Have to say floor protec have kind of piddled on my bonfire! There was me thinking I'd started a dust sheet revolution. It makes you wonder who they actually sell these sheets too to keep a company afloat?

Just want to say a massive thanks to ray for his time and effort as well as jumping on this for everyone. So once again thanks ray.

i have to say I am disappointed with floor protec on this one we stand as an un tapped market requesting something a little smarter, we hand them an outlet ie Williams and they can't come down in price

Have to say floor protec have kind of piddled on my bonfire! There was me thinking I'd started a dust sheet revolution. It makes you wonder who they actually sell these sheets too to keep a company afloat?

Just want to say a massive thanks to ray for his time and effort as well as jumping on this for everyone. So once again thanks ray.

i have to say I am disappointed with floor protec on this one we stand as an un tapped market requesting something a little smarter, we hand them an outlet ie Williams and they can't come down in price

Lets not give up yet people! You can't rush these things, unless you want your pants pulled down.

At the moment, the florprotec rep can taste an order. Maybe a few days of silence from our end will help concentrate his mind.

I like your thinking and at 3 weeks into the job he may be keen to land a sale

Maybe a quick tally or poll to see what people are willing to pay as a benchmark. It means Ray can potentially price fix if he wants but at the end of the day we aren't going to get them any cheaper anywhere else so what's there to lose.

Can someone start a poll?

Just re-read that, can't edit. Don't take that as a criticism Ray, it wasn't intended like that, I was nearly getting that argument out in the air rather than have someone potentially raise it at a later date.

Theres no no point wasting your time with this company, you need to know what people are prepared to pay and maybe put the ball in their court? I'll leave that decision to you.

I like your thinking and at 3 weeks into the job he may be keen to land a sale

Gasmanrob.

We are in week 6/7 of the new year ??

Great deals are not Normally signed within the last week of a sales quarter :6:

Relax if you want some !!

Don't take that as a criticism Ray,

Honestly, you guys! You must think I am sooooo sensitive.

I have made a living as a plumbers merchant for 28 years. My skin is therefore slightly thicker than a rhino with calluses. :)

There is also the chance that Ermi's supplier may also come good. This is not a hi-tech product, so any textile business ought to be able to rustle up something!

Great deals are not Normally signed within the last week of a sales quarter :6:

Ah, a man who knows his buying! Rule one - find out how the salesman is remunerated, what his bonus structure and targets are, and whether he is close to, far from or already past target.

Textile business ??

There is a program on the telly who run such a business.

Can"t think of the name but in years past their sales staff gave out favours ????

Ah, a man who knows his buying! Rule one - find out how the salesman is remunerated, what his bonus structure and targets are, and whether he is close to, far from or already past target.

And if they are past targets often you headhunt them right? :)

And if they are past targets often you headhunt them right? :)

Not necessarily. Some salesmen are targetted purely on volume. They are always welcome in my office, but I wouldnt necessarily want to employ them.

We don't employ salesmen anyway. (apart from one, who only calls on other merchants).

Feild tests complete!
dyja6a2y.jpg

This one will take anything you pour on it. Bodily fluids the lot. Waterproof and don't rip £40 tho

Service / all terrain prayer mat

a3agymad.jpg

£14 double thickness and waterproof.

General sheet £12

6ery2aja.jpg

Quality and dosnt snag and it's heavy

Runner is 4m long 800 wide. Standard sheet.

I have spoken to supplier and has said more I order better the prices. I will get a postage cost. If any one is actually interested in parting with wonga let me know and shall negotiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Or keep a couple of 3/4" union valves in the...
Replies
Views
Just a guess, but you may find that the...
Replies
Views
M
AW hell what's the cost of a filter, £70 and...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
got this email today, slightly different...
Replies
Views
J
Gents Does this mean no one has any similar...
Replies
Views
john s
J
Back