E Cigs in the workplace | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss E Cigs in the workplace in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Another quick question. What do you guys all think about E-Cigs? We do work in domestic properties and one of the lads started smoking one today in the bathroom he is installing. It's a new build extension so I didn't mind that much but I feel it's not right to do this without asking a customer first.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? It's my understanding that they just release water vapour but I wonder if it might offend customers?

Pretty much what I thought!

I think it may offend customers, as they may not fully understand what it is. Also some of them have a very strong odour. I would be asking them to use it outside personally.

+1 to outside like any other ***

I use a one and wouldn't dream of using it in a customers house. Even if they say it's ok I choose not to, I like the couple of minute break going outside!

I used to smoke e cigs in peoples houses, but I'd be all secretive about it like a drug addict with a crack pipe. Everytime the customer turned their back i'd puff away or do it in a corner or upstairs.

I gave up as I was going through loads of them.

My tiler uses them, has all sorts of flavours - rhubarb and custard, maple syrup, cherry cola. They don't smell anywhere near as bad as **** but I'd still ask the customer first..

If it was one of my jobs I'd of took it off him, no matter how you see it any smoking should be done outside especially in a customers house to show respect to the customer even if they say its okay

nice to see the telegraph article on e-cigs recently, just as carcinogenic as ****, different poisons though, so keep puffing *** monkeys, more wakes for the rest of us to drink at :)

The duty on a pack of 20 Taylor mades Is 77% in the UK

£9.16×365(of the year)=£3,343.4

£3,343.4÷100×77=£2,574.418

£2,574.418 in tax - does big dave at number 10 really need anymore money? There about 12 million smokers in the UK, it's massive money they want you to smoke.

Iam not suggesting that you quit, I am suggesting you move to Russia

In Russia 20 Taylor mades is like £1.36

£1.36×365(of the year)=£496.4

That's basically saving £2,847 left over, you could literally upgrade to cigs 40 a day.

Or you could invest that money in up and coming Russian stocks and shares.. Make it big & enjoy some of the finest beluga caviar served on your lovely Russian trophy wife's cleavage.

The duty on a pack of 20 Taylor mades Is 77% in the UK

£9.16×365(of the year)=£3,343.4

£3,343.4÷100×77=£2,574.418

£2,574.418 in tax - does big dave at number 10 really need anymore money? �� There about 12 million smokers in the UK, it's massive money they want you to smoke.

Iam not suggesting that you quit, I am suggesting you move to Russia

In Russia 20 Taylor mades is like £1.36

£1.36×365(of the year)=£496.4

That's basically saving £2,847 left over, you could literally upgrade to cigs 40 a day.

Or you could invest that money in up and coming Russian stocks and shares.. Make it big & enjoy some of the finest beluga caviar served on your lovely Russian trophy wife's cleavage.

I'm checking Rightmove now!

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Morning All. We have a gas safe inspection...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
Back