Easy question for those with more experience than me! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Easy question for those with more experience than me! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats opening up a whole new subject which i'll take the 5th on lol.
No point in knowing how to beat the game and not using it ;)

LOL@Tamz. I'm not taking the ****, I don't know how it's supposed to work yet! I'm assuming they will supply everything up ton and including the meter and that it will be capped at the meter outlet ready for me to go...

We all know though that assumptions can cause problems down the line which is why I'm asking here.

So MET1 is just for fitting secondary meters then?

Can I throw in another question , as someone as pointed out some of the guys changing Meters don't have the Quals to check out other appliance's, so who re-establishes the supply ? relights pilots etc.

No met one isnt for secondary meters. Its for meter work.
As you should know you are authourised to remove a meter while working hot or working on an open ended carcas and refit it after. You need a met one for meter work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I throw in another question , as someone as pointed out some of the guys changing Meters don't have the Quals to check out other appliance's, so who re-establishes the supply ? relights pilots etc.
Depends on the job.

If everythings operational when he gets there and its a swap for a new smart or credit then he does purge and relight.
Or they do a "concern for safety' and just turn it off if it doesn't look right

Let me ask the question ,

Does anyone other than us actually care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Great. Thanks 😀
Replies
Views
the Same position for meter but riser outside...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
By restriction I mean testing from a gas valve...
Replies
Views
Back