Eco work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Eco work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been offered it, 3 ton a Combi swap, 4 for conversion.

you supply the pipe etc, if there is a gas run you just do it.

paid every two weeks, all locally based.

yay or nay ? Bear in mind I'm just waiting for a start offshore now, few months tops.

am starting to cut back loads on jobs I don't wont to be really doing I.e. bloody bathrooms have loads to do.

got to go up tomorrow to see me mate who's running it...

I was doing them in Leeds £300 all gear supplied and if anything was extra you got paid extra.

Depends on how much gear your going to need. Could end up with not a lot left

I was doing them in Leeds £300 all gear supplied and if anything was extra you got paid extra.

Depends on how much gear your going to need. Could end up with not a lot left

Going to see him tomorrow, must admitt am not exactly doing cartwheels of supplying pipe an doing gas runs for not !!

Sounds carp to be honest you could easily end up with peanuts but it all depends on how busy you are.

Basically I've got about 4 bathrooms to do, would rather not if honest.

the phone been pretty slow on the gas side of things, I was hoping to be offshore by feb but not looking likely

300 inc boiler and vertical flue but you can keep scrap ? I will give u van, to make it feel off shore I have a shipping container on headland with a dodgy light and a bunk bed ? Seems ok for direct swap carp if it's going to need more than £50 of fittings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Havnt done any for ages. but my mate who was working for them all time said there having problems getting funding and they havnt done owt for a few week.

I done this for three weeks, hated it. Was on £200 per job, all materials supplied, kept scrap. Combi straight swaps not a prob but rarely got those ov systems slugged up, existing leaks, bad pipework, no pump overruns, bricking up old holes. Terrible jobs no one wants for a low price, knew it was rubbish but only done it to bridge a slow period. Should have gone on holiday to wormwood scrubs, would have had a better time

I done this for three weeks, hated it. Was on £200 per job, all materials supplied, kept scrap. Combi straight swaps not a prob but rarely got those ov systems slugged up, existing leaks, bad pipework, no pump overruns, bricking up old holes. Terrible jobs no one wants for a low price, knew it was rubbish but only done it to bridge a slow period. Should have gone on holiday to wormwood scrubs, would have had a better time

This agency is bending my ear,comb to combi £300 but you supply all pipe and fittings,so in reality prob £250 ish, not fantastic as you have to clear job off,and brick up.Doin a bit for a mate of mine,he doe's eco through Gloworm,he had a text thurs GW have pulled plug on it due to lack off funding

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to give it ago in a week or so.

basically, my mate who is running it explained it like this.

you do 5 Combi swaps, you get 1500.

people are invoicing with 30 percent materials, some with 40.

Some are a piece of ****, condensing already in.

Leave on temp, there hasn't been one Combi yet that has been a bf taken out.

conversions you get 4 ton, anything over ten mtr gas you get paid extra.

keep the scrap, so that's at least a ton a week.

Live just got a bundle off 22 an 15 for 90 pound, a fittings bucket for 50 odd quid from p centre.

Few lengths of waste an overflow etc, so I've laid out 2 ton so far.

some boiler swaps, lets be honest ill be using half a length of each an a handful of fittings.

paid every two weeks

Jesus a combi swap with a bit of brickwork in and out 4h topps. Go back after two days empty out and refill with inhibitor

If they go easy right,upgrading gas to 28mm,internal wall poor fixing problems,taking out built in cupboard, and refixing after install,tracing and fixing gas leaks on existing,normally want system cleansing before instal ltrvs throughout.For the past 18 months ive been chucking heatings in a day with me mate combi 9 rads ,gas line,full rip out,so I wouldn't consider myself I a dodderer,but some of the ecco work can be a nightmare with a poor survey

Live just got a bundle off 22 an 15 for 90 pound, a fittings bucket for 50 odd quid from p centre.

Few lengths of waste an overflow etc, so I've laid out 2 ton so far.

some boiler swaps, lets be honest ill be using half a length of each an a handful of fittings.

paid every two weeks

If they go easy right,upgrading gas to 28mm,internal wall poor fixing problems,taking out built in cupboard, and refixing after install,tracing and fixing gas leaks on existing,normally want system cleansing before instal ltrvs throughout.For the past 18 months ive been chucking heatings in a day with me mate combi 9 rads ,gas line,full rip out,so I wouldn't consider myself I a dodderer,but some of the ecco work can be a nightmare with a poor survey

You get your 5 jobs for the week, everything in there what needs doing. Where to pick hot an cold up for conversions etc.

all 24kws, so no 28 upgrades

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
6035 is the diploma, 6189 is the NVQ. 9189 is...
Replies
Views
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Could be cavitation if the header tank only a...
Replies
Views
Back