Effect of replacing 22mm copper with 15 plastic | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Effect of replacing 22mm copper with 15 plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the heating engineer done anything?
Not really. He's walked round the house and kicked a few tyres.

I've suggested most of the stuff regarding new water main, new boiler location, moving from combi to cylinder.

I chose the EcoTec+ 637 and he confirmed that its up for the job and suggested the Super Oso 250L.

I completely trust his professional opinion ( assume he's told the builder he needs to replace the 22mm copper yesterday), I've just not seen much of him. My interface is with the builder.

When I see him I'll mention if he's planning two use two external pumps for the zones. He did mention that I could use a low-loss header but it might be overkill. He also suggested it would be expensive!

:D so basically he's done nothing and the builder has done the plumbing

:D so basically he's done nothing and the builder has done the plumbing
Pretty much! A red carpet is being rolled out for him to turn up to connect up the boiler, cylinder, UFH and my new gas supply.

The builder is doing the rest - he's been pretty open about that as its to keep costs down.

I suppose the the downside of that is that it cost less in general but then random costs extra when they make mistakes that I pick up on.

I've painted them in a really bad light, but they are a great dedicated bunch. They just aren't experts in plumber/heating.

That's the thing we have a lot of these builder doing the plumbing not many end up without problems / the systems don't work etc

My advice get the builder to do the building work and the gas safe engy / heating engy to do the pipework and heating etc

I am sorry to say it but I think you are asking for trouble if you let the builder do all the plumbing work. If they are talking about hanging the boiler etc then I would tell them you want a new gas safe engineer and for them to do all of the wet and gas. It is not worth you saving a couple of quid for the potential headache this could cause you in what is quite a major upheaval in your home. The fact that you say they aren’t experts in plumbing and heating set all kinds of alarm bells ringing with me have you checked their insurance coverage etc it’s just not worth it its your home after all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Measured it today, it’s 12 litres a minute at...
Replies
Views
Back