Electric unvented cylinder help. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric unvented cylinder help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SimonG . I think you could be right they are really badly installed, I wish my name hadn't been put forward. I did look at the centre option and it was 300 quid cheeper...also a dimplex . The dimple comes with a built in programmer. Had a great week last week ,update an old y plan to a combi, shower replacement and some taps and this is been on the back of my mind. Haha

Fitted pre plumbed megaflow, centerstores, RMs, warmflows, gledhill.

Megaflow overpriced, warmflow needs compression fittings for all the connectors. Stopped fitting the center ones asI dont use plumb center much. RMs I either get from my local merchants or Williams. Local is slightly cheaper.

I never understood that one either of discharging below the grating. I always suggested up to 50mm above, as it also give another point of warning if there is discharge guess it is the balance between splashing if it discharges full bore.

Also strange that the guidance for discharging at high level over a hopper (head) is that there should be an AA air gap between the down pointing D2 & overspill.

I always put it down to a floor gully grid can block with leaves/litter etc, so with the pipe discharging under it, there shouldn't be a problem (fine in theory, not in practise)
And even if a hopper blocks, if your pipe is 50mm above it, it shouldn't be affected by it

Unvented can be added to gas safe card

Provided it's connected to a gas appliance they would let me register it. Electric on its own there not interested...I'm still stuck any suggestions.

Just ask the customers to raise a Building Notice with there local Building control office it will cost them but you do not need to get involved apart from providing your unvented details.

Tell them that your price is lower to reflect this.

Just thought I would let you know how it was going...labc have told me they want me to register it with competent workers scheme. I told him that gas safe didn't want to deal with it , so they said my sparky can register it through niec and put a sub note with my g3 qualifications etc. He then told me I have to endelible mark the cylinder with my credentials. It seems like this is the only way....he has heard of the property I am at before and it's been a nightmare.

Then last week someone from another apartment rang me with issues but the problem is its grade 2 listed. This means I come up with issues on the d2 as the original d2 is shocking. I will upload a picture shortly. The only thing I can thing of is to upscale a new d2 to 28mm and run it to the ground from the first floor and put a cage around the bottom and lag it with armaflex. (Advice on this would be appreciated )..

2016-04-05 22.41.46.jpg This is the d2 in the other property. There are another 8 of these I will have to quote for.. the ones in the basement will be screwed and I'm not getting g involved

Why would you lag the D2 pipe?
I would be concerned about copper (if used) D2 pipe being stolen at apartments if easily got at.
Ideally the D2 is supposed to be fitted into a gulley, or if above it, or above bare ground, it needs to be max of 100mm up and you need a cage there to prevent someone getting too close to hot water.

Thanks Best , there is a gully with a cast drainpipe that terminates above it. My plane was to run it to the side of the gully and armaflex it to disguise it. Thinking about it as you have pointed out this may well be discovered and stolen. I could cut into the cast and put another hopper in line and terminate the d2 in this. I will have to check with the listing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
They are guidelines and advice for pipe sizes...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Thanks again for your help. Having got hold of...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back