Electrician First time NAPIT assessment | Electrical Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electrician First time NAPIT assessment in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

First time NAPIT assessment

Hi,
There are a few variations of this question here so apologies if its a bit of a broken record but I can't quite find the exact answers I'm after. Straight to the point:

Has anyone recently had a first time NAPIT assessment?
If so, were you able to show work in your own home? I know this used to be acceptable but I am sure I recently read this was no longer acceptable? I was thinking of changing changing the CU in my house, putting a new supply to the garage with new garage CU and an outside lighting circuit. (I would actually prefer not to change the main CU as currently it is a pretty nice Eaton RCBO filled job, however not sure the other items would be enough alone?)

And now some unnecessary background waffle:

I have never previously been a member of a scheme, but having recently decided to take on larger jobs than the odd outside light or socket for f&f to cover the ever increasing cost of being alive, I have found myself being asked to do 2 full rewires and a wire up an annex..
I would like to know I can certify these before agreeing, ideally. One rewire is for a friend who would be more than happy to let me show someone the work after, but it still doesn't really sit right with me knowing I am not absolutely guaranteed to be able to sign it off at the end. It seems a strange thing to me that I can't certify things, but need to actually do the work to show the inspector...

Finally, for clarity I am hoping I would get through it just fine (though nothing is a given!), I have all quals and more including 2396 design, apprenticeship served and 10 years of employed experience from small domestic to VSD control panels and PLC/hard logic safety systems in nuclear . None the less I would rather have it wrapped up and in place before taking on paying work.

All insight welcome,

Thanks,

First time NAPIT assessment for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Similar plumbing topics

N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi There Try clearing your browsing history...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back