Electrician Inverter over grid voltage fault | Electrical Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electrician Inverter over grid voltage fault in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Inverter over grid voltage fault

I have a Solis 3.6 KW inverter which works well until it exceeds about 2000W when it shows "over grid voltage" and shuts down. This does not happen if something is switched on in the house which draws a large amount of current such as the immersion heater. I have a voltage meter in the house which can be showing around 240V, but as soon as the inverter starts up, the voltage climbs until it reaches around 258V. As soon as the inverter shuts down, the voltage returns to normal. The company who installed the inverter insist this is a grid problem and there is nothing that can be done about it. Perhaps they are right, but the 6mm cable which connects the inverter to the consumer unit is about 30 metres long and is about 40 years old. Could this be adding to the problem, or indeed causing it? The cable can't be shortened, but would a thicker cable be able to absorb more volatage and stop the overload?

Inverter over grid voltage fault for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Doesn't seem a million miles away without...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
A
The radiators will have cooled down overnight...
Replies
Views
Back