Email alert - Gas & Electric Contract Services UK | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Email alert - Gas & Electric Contract Services UK in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Email alert

andygas needs to read this before he pays out

Another one last Friday (new to me anyway) from "safetychecksuk.com", "part of the global EMERCOR group". Searches on Companies House website for these names show three similarly named companies dissolved. Has anyone else had this?

Another one last Friday (new to me anyway) from "safetychecksuk.com", "part of the global EMERCOR group". Searches on Companies House website for these names show three similarly named companies dissolved. Has anyone else had this?

had that same E-mail, checked up on 2 similar named companies "Safety checks limited" "safety check limited" both registered at different addresses than the e-mail, one dissolved in 2009 and the other is intending to dissolve and £3k in the Red.

Had that one last week and now another "reminder" from them that the EH postcodes are up for grabs now. I hate these leeches!

Had one from Gas & Electric Contract Services UK last week and one from Safety Checks UK today, if these people put as much effort into running a bona fide business as they do into these scams then I'm sure they'd make enough so they'd not need to con anyone!

Got one today from Safety checks UK.

I feel so privileged to get this rare opportunity.

Hopefully they will go bust again.

mate report them to trading standards i did yesterday also told dean ward to ram it up his arse

Owen Taylor is the kind gentleman who offered me the ST contract.

Had some contact with these 'people' over last few weeks. They are completely dodgy....STAY AWAY FROM GAS SAFETY CHECKS UK - OWEN TAYLOR.
Got an e-mail offering me the chance of work within the EH postcode carrying out safety checks, plumbing and gas work, bla bla, they have a large client base etc, I could get a contract for a fee of JUST £1800. I was very curious(but not stupid) so I mailed them back. Have to say they are going well out their way to sound 'proffessional', however my Wife being the super sleuth that she is(she watches A LOT of Miss Marple,CSI etc) looked into it further. They have set up a 'business address' in London using one of those places where you hire out desk/office space by the square metre etc, it's called Crusador House, London. The 'ever expanding EMERCOR group' are listed with Companies House as dissolved in 2009...They did forward a name and number for a reference but even that was suspect....I am thinking they are actually based in Ayrshire somewhere, but could be wrong. Anyone with info please feel free to keep me posted. In the mean time I am very happily humouring these guys by promising 'money' and they keep calling and I keep laughing....They will not get a bl££dy penny from me....BEWARE
I hate the fact that people are trying this, I would hate even more if they actually got away with it. I have some Police friends that I am going to pass al this info to. Not sure it will be high on their list of duties, however will give it a go, or even Watchdog?? That Anne whatsit would scare of anyone.

thanks very much team saved my dosh!!!!!! checked out with gassafe, call the darval firm (referee given)...checked out ok then trawlled the forums.... should have done it the other way!!!
gassafe should remove these scum....
thanks again

we should hire a private eye, find out where he lives, and pop round and offer our services:hippy::61::94:

Thanks everyone, we received this email yesterday. We enquired further and received a phone call from Owen Taylor. He seemed a bit flustered when asked for his company details so we could do a credit check. I did a quick google search and ended up here. Good work!

What a waste of space this man is, he has left a message on my land line today!
I have just re-registered with gas safe after 3 years 2 days ago, wonder where he ever could have found my details?
cheers for this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
your details are on the gas safe website for everyone to see, thats why he has all our details

There trading from our neck of the woods Glasgow.
I called them, to obviously find out more information... £1725 + Vat was all I got really,
Safety Gas UK was the trading name. Allegidly

Looks like they are doing the rounds again I received 2 more emails of this company today.

That makes 4 in total. I have just ignored all of them and if they call I'll be giving them a right mouthfull.

There is an easy way to prevent these leaches from contacting you, but you probably will not like it and wont want to do it, and that is to tell gas safe to remove your details from the visible side of their website, customers can still check your registered by typing in your gas safe number, but it means you wont be advertising on the gas safe site, you can also have your picture removed from it as well.

ive only had 1 job from the gas safe website, and one person phone me up only to be told i wasn't the cheapest

ive only had 1 job from the gas safe website, and one person phone me up only to be told i wasn't the cheapest

You are lucky - all I have ever had is one goon ringing me at midnight one night stating he could smell gas out in the street.................and of course emails from these arseholes ( and Safety Checks UK or whatever they are next week)

Good afternoon all,
I googled my company name today to find out where i come in the pages and was annoyed and dissapointed to come across this post from shorticus.
I thought it was only fair that I take the opportunity to respond.
Firstly im going to get on the defensive because you have a right to share your views but what I would liken this to is someone you have never done any gas work for going on to Check a Trade and slating your business and calling you a con man.
I found myself out of employment and had been thinking about a booking system for some time for all businesses and thought this was the best chance to go for it.
I have no idea how this can be classed as a scam of any kind as I provide something that you would own and you would only take if you thought it would be useful to you.
The fact that I was only going to sell 10 in each postcode area was a suggestion from a customer who thought If 100 engineers had it in his area it would detract from its usefulness.
What I would propose is this shorticus, If you use it right and send the link to potential customers, you can have it for free, (if you dont have a website I'll store it on my server for you). At least then you can make an informed decision and not just speculation on something you obviously didnt even look at properly hence "some kind of booking system".
You have my contact details I see, so please contact me to arrange this, as I mentioned I know you have a right to share your views but I hope that you understand I have a right to defend myself against uninformed and completely wrong allegations.
Anyway this is longer than I expected it would be so thanks all.

Good afternoon all,
I googled my company name today to find out where i come in the pages and was annoyed and dissapointed to come across this post from shorticus.
I thought it was only fair that I take the opportunity to respond.
Firstly im going to get on the defensive because you have a right to share your views but what I would liken this to is someone you have never done any gas work for going on to Check a Trade and slating your business and calling you a con man.
I found myself out of employment and had been thinking about a booking system for some time for all businesses and thought this was the best chance to go for it.
I have no idea how this can be classed as a scam of any kind as I provide something that you would own and you would only take if you thought it would be useful to you.
The fact that I was only going to sell 10 in each postcode area was a suggestion from a customer who thought If 100 engineers had it in his area it would detract from its usefulness.
What I would propose is this shorticus, If you use it right and send the link to potential customers, you can have it for free, (if you dont have a website I'll store it on my server for you). At least then you can make an informed decision and not just speculation on something you obviously didnt even look at properly hence "some kind of booking system".
You have my contact details I see, so please contact me to arrange this, as I mentioned I know you have a right to share your views but I hope that you understand I have a right to defend myself against uninformed and completely wrong allegations.
Anyway this is longer than I expected it would be so thanks all.

John my apologies for my misinterpretation of your services/ product, as you can tell from the length of the preceding thread we're all a little battle battered from the constant attempts from people trying to sell us fake deals. And you’re quite correct that I failed to look closely at what you have on offer, to be honest and in my defense I’d put that down to the sheer volume of spam, advertising offers and get rich quick schemes that I receive daily.
Anyway, I’ve removed the post and wish you the best.
Shorty

P.S. I would however suggest that you consider not using the Gas Safe register as a marketing tool/source, that's not what it's there for.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need to find other self employed tradesmen...
Replies
Views
Thank you guys, I really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
Contact the op if you can help
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I work for a company called...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
Back