Employee Broken Wrist Outside of Work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Employee Broken Wrist Outside of Work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Not high enough then obviously lol ?

The difficult part of scaling up a business is that you have to let go of stuff. In this case, the "next person up" would have been me. And if I spent my time worrying about asset registers and equipment write-offs, who would build the business?

Its just a cost of business. You can have systems to control it and limit the damage, but there is no point in kidding yourself that it doesnt happen.

if he issigned off, you dont want him near the workplace, my own wrist is in a cast at present, so cant drive - insurance invalid, cant work in other peoples houses - insurance invalid, cant go on the boat, even i have limits :)
so sat at home thinking about doing some accounts.... been thinking for 7 days now :)

take next week of imo. lol

An interesting one.

A few years ago, we had a similar issue. A department head was responsible for identifying redundant assets in that department, and disposing of them. Traditionally, "disposing" meant "put it in the skip". However, we discovered stuff of our appearing on eBay. It seems that the manager concerned had decided that if it was going in the skip anyway, he may as well sell it on eBay and pocket the proceeds.

But, it was being chucked anyway, so no harm done?

Unfortunately not. After a while, I started to wonder if the decision about writing off the asset became less about its continued value to the organisation, and more about its appeal on eBay.

thats the xmas beer money!!

Nah. I think they were just messing around on Facebook, asked about it in a nice way and it's all good. The bath went to the skip.

6 weeks off work for him with a broken wrist is a ****er but such is life. No one has died!

Getting used by me. Sadly one of the existing ones isn't at the moment but will do soon again!! Angie (my wife) has given me permission to go and recruit another plumber who can also fit bathrooms :)

Similar plumbing topics

D
welcome to the forum. if i was him i would...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
B
Doing a boiler change one day, heavey old...
Replies
Views
BrianL
B
Back