eramic disc valves - a thought. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss eramic disc valves - a thought. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Whoops, *ceramic

Since most - even decent/expensive - taps are now made such that they will need some sort of servicing within 5-8 years (if you're lucky) and the washered type will often fail to take the new washer even after attempting reseating because the seating is poor quality and pits too much...

If you only chose ceramic disc taps that you could get spares for (not just the valves but the correct o/ring for the spout) and - when it came time to change the disc you put a tiny smidge of lsx on the bottom of the new disc, tightened it up and let it set for 10 mins, wouldn't this take care of any pitting left by a poor quality seat that re-seating couldn't sort and thereby give you a tap that you could basically guarantee should last a decade at least?

The idea being with ceramic discs taps the seating isn't constantly being tested by a washer rising and falling on top if it and only needs to be joined to once

Last edited:
Another idea: It's Got To Be Done Plumbing And Heating for a company name.
Since it's what people most often say when accepting a price they find expensive.

Problem on ceramic works seems to often be the bottom silicone rubber seal. The compression is lost on the works, which then causes a dripping tap. A new washer would often solve it.
I test for that on sink mixers by pressing my hand on the top of one of the levers, to see if the drip stops or lessens, therefore immediately diagnosing if it is hot or the cold ceramic works faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It won't work I wouldn't expect. NRV's...
Replies
Views
New taps too much time wasting trying to...
Replies
Views
Was sweet when we commissioned the system...
Replies
Views
Thanks - just the info I was looking for. I'll...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Something to consider, you maybe able to mile...
Replies
Views
Back