estate cars for work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss estate cars for work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

i did alright using an un signed freelander during past winters, but then again, after you turn up for the job they cqant really say anything can they?

doubt you would pick up any new customers though!!

i also had a large transit.

why not buy a cheap corsa van and a decent large van where you can off set against tax, rather than pile it into an expensive one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchasing house in posh area, I was told van would detract from surrounding houses and make them hard to sell.
This was a nonsense, as since I've moved in, both adjacent properties haven been sold and also three properties across the road.

you got to start somewhere and for some a van is a bit to expensive initially, you soon learn that you need one, then you realise you need a bigger one, then you want the comfiest biggest one out there with a fully racked interior :)

I fail to see how this is correct unless your using the car you've already got as my first van cost £1100 was clean straight and tidy no rust, 110,000 on the clock
And my mate bought a similar van for £550 just needed new tyres

i did alright using an un signed freelander during past winters, but then again, after you turn up for the job they cqant really say anything can they?

doubt you would pick up any new customers though!!

i also had a large transit.

why not buy a cheap corsa van and a decent large van where you can off set against tax, rather than pile it into an expensive one?

got a transit connect atm. wasn't looking to get an estate to start out i was considering the viability of changing from my van to an estate for work. Saying that i drove past a plumber with an estate earlier with his gas safe stickers and number stuck on - it looked awful!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I do sub-contract work for one of the biggest refrigeration companies in the UK and all their service lads have estate cars. but in a domestic environment it may appear to some as a DIY

Surely a van with seats in the back would be best all round.
If its servicing and repairs you do, who cares though as long as you can do the job

Last edited:
I fail to see how this is correct unless your using the car you've already got as my first van cost £1100 was clean straight and tidy no rust, 110,000 on the clock
And my mate bought a similar van for £550 just needed new tyres

if your paying that sort of money then I wouldnt want to be working far from home, the walk wont be too bad then..............:)

if your paying that sort of money then I wouldnt want to be working far from home, the walk wont be too bad then..............:)

Served me well that van until I wrote it off, with just over 150,000

Only issue it had was the roof rack bolts leaked water into the back, and I never got round to silicone the holes up

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks, Iso, for the opportunity. If this...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
A
you need the help of a good plumber not a...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Adam, the reason for the twinwall directly...
Replies
Views
S
Oiley: Is that a 'system boiler'? They...
Replies
Views
Storm
S
H
Thanks for the update. I'm glad you've come...
Replies
Views
Mike Jackson
M
Back