EU Referendum - Have you registered? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss EU Referendum - Have you registered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case you can turn the light off when everyone`s gone. lol

Except nobody ever does go. And when they do they realise how carp everywhere else actually is and they come back.

This is one of the best countries in the world no doubt about it, but it could and should be a lot better. We should also have control of our borders.
Changes happen everywhere eventually. The UK has changed massively in the last 40 years. Some of it for the good, but a lot is wrong. Europe as a whole is no wiser than us and we should take control of our future. Any nonsence from a Europe without us should be reciprocated with taxes on their exports to us, which are much more than we export to them.

You have to remember, this is far more than controlling our borders. We have to ask europe if we can change a law and they tell us what we can change it to. This country needs to grow a pair and stand on our own two feet .......only then can we start to repair the damage done to so many by so few. This used to be a great manufacturing nation with jobs for every one and as in island, that is what we need to get back to.

I wanna stay in. No good ever comes from change.

And no good came out of it when we joined the common market, It's now time for a change & to take back the things that make us a proud nation, instead of bending over backwards to keep Europe happy.

In for me, with the economy as fragile as it still is a big shake up like that can't be good for any of us. In ten years time it would be different but I don't fancy being plunged back into chaos and we don't have any politicians that know how to run a country anymore.

In for me, with the economy as fragile as it still is a big shake up like that can't be good for any of us. In ten years time it would be different but I don't fancy being plunged back into chaos and we don't have any politicians that know how to run a country anymore.

Don't believe all that rubbish about a weak economy, we have one of the richest economy's on the planet, and this will improve when we don't have to pay billions into Europe

I hear you Phoenix but isn`t it a knock on effect from the EU being fragile and starting to show signs of cracks within member states, talking of states Obama was bang out of order in coming here and telling us what he would never tell his own people to do, the USA can`t even get their own people to have a decent gun law.

Is it just me ! or does it seem that the people who want to stay in Europe are the ones who don't know or remember that this country used to do very well B4 we joined, one of the smallest country's (in size) but who does Europe turn to when it needs help ? ? The UK ! Can we survive without them ? of course we can !

There will be no Europe, as we know it, if we vote to leave. We are financing it, - everyone agrees on that point.
Europe is like a wife that has been very bossy & demanding, using most of your money and then having other partners. Time for a divorce.

The vote will be out the the govt will decide we need to re vote and we will then be back in .

Thats how it will work .

When politicians use scare tactics to influence a vote, it indicates the weakness of their arguments. Without reform the EU is a disaster and reform will only come when people say they've had enough and vote accordingly.

UPDATE.

Turns out it was badly worded as you will get a vote as long as you are on the Electoral register.

Or was it worded in such a way in order to get foreign people living here to register?

You decide.

out for me never wanted to be in in the first place we do not get out of it anywhere near what we put in to it. also we seem to be the only country that ever complies with the EU directives.we are a strong financial nation and most of our trade is with the rest of the world not europe. so if we leave it means we cant make our own trade agreements with whomever we we like without habve to go through the EU.

also expats who lived here and were registered to vote upto 15 years ago can vote.

out for me never wanted to be in in the first place we do not get out of it anywhere near what we put in to it. also we seem to be the only country that ever complies with the EU directives.we are a strong financial nation and most of our trade is with the rest of the world not europe. so if we leave it means we cant make our own trade agreements with whomever we we like without habve to go through the EU.

Try working in Germany and Holland then you will realize we are pretty slack in this country

A German lady customer asked me about my vote this week, whilst she agreed with me on points such as there is no accountability on where all the money goes and at the start there was nine member states and how it had grown plus certain countries should not had been allowed to join she did say that she hoped we stayed in.

I was with the IN camp before not so long ago, I read plenty papers and keep an open mind.
Recently Guardian and few other outlets reported that Brexit will result in fall in house prices. Some go as far as saying the hosing market will crash. Nearly half of all properties in central London are bought by foreigners and something like 20% of new developments will never see occupancy and being sold and bought as a mere investment (mostly by said foreigners)

Now Im buying a place in next 2 years. Even few % drop in prices will save me tens of thousands. If going out means GDP growth will slump by .5 % will I care? How does that affect my pocket?

Second biggest argument for OUT is our sector is filled with foreign labour, directly driving down wages for everyone. Our work is hard and carries great deal of responsibility. Someone who comes over for 5 years, makes a quick buck, goes back and builds a villa back home then chills out whilst we are faced with poor retirement prospects in this country and a long worn out body.

Are you young enough to wait? Wait long enough for it to be watered down to nothing gained that is.

(not being hostile towards you).

I meant wrt it being reformed. I'm voting IN anyway.

I'm voting out. The way i see it is we should have control of our own laws and how we spend our money. Paying billions into the Eu which could be spent on infrastructure, NHS/policing etc.
However From everything I've read I'd say quite easily the majority are saying out, I still think the voting will be fixed and we will stay in.

I'm voting out. The way i see it is we should have control of our own laws and how we spend our money. Paying billions into the Eu which could be spent on infrastructure, NHS/policing etc.
However From everything I've read I'd say quite easily the majority are saying out, I still think the voting will be fixed and we will stay in.

Well the majority of people I speak to are all in favour of 'OUT'

On another note, I'm thinking this is a slightly silly thing to have a referendum on and a total waste of money, especially the Government spending public money (i.e. OUR money) on holding a referendum, and then telling us, with the same public (i.e. OUR) money, Why they Believe We Are Better Off Remaining in Europe.

You can be a leftie and want out, and you can be a hardline conservative and want out, and the same if you want to Remain. Being in Europe or not could allow us to change everything, and it could allow us to change nothing whichever way it goes.

If the complaint is about the laws that govern us, I think the problem is it's very easy to blame Europe. It's a bit like blaming Health and Safety when you actually just don't want to do something. And even if we are actually required to do something, it may be worth remembering what France did when it was refusing to accept British beef: pay a fine - I think it was €6,000 a day - a pittance.

Rather than having a referendum on Europe, we could have a referendum on the issues that actually interest us and then leave it to the government to decide whether we can stay in the EU and still do whatever it is that's important to us, or not. After all, even if we vote for an exit, we won't have had the opportunity to explain what we want to see from a post-Brexit UK. What this is, is a vote that avoids actually giving us any democracy.

Quite frankly, both campaigns been pretty poor so far, the ones in the Electoral Commission reminiscent of an 11-year old grammar schoolboy's homework, so the only thing I'm thinking is that as a nation our politicians are severely lacking in imagination. God only knows which way I'll vote.

Last edited:
In with reform ( or the Bullies will get us )
Be nice to reform that " Human rights " mistake .
(I Only like Brussel Sprouts )

Voting OUT

Why would i vote in and keep the likes of Mandleson and his bent fat cat colleagues in nice well paid jobs because basically thats why they want us in.

Anybody see Paxman in Brussels : Who really rules us? last night on BBC1?

I couldn`t see one reason to stay in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Many thanks for everyone's help.
Replies
Views
R
I looked at that but decided the gilet was...
Replies
Views
Mike Jackson
M
Power has to go through clock stat n pump then...
Replies
Views
B
Anyone doing any full Boiler Installation in...
Replies
Views
brooks73
B
C
The Viessmann looks a good alternative to the...
Replies
Views
petercj
P
Back