Excess boiler water out of flue or back into boiler? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Excess boiler water out of flue or back into boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok fir doos maybe am wrong but illl stick to what i no and how av done it ,no direspect but this how av been learnt on both sides of the counter so am staying like it and in 4 yrs of selling the stuff i can honestly say ive never sold a 90 for r/s except on the first bend not tryin to be a smart rse just wat ive done

Last edited by a moderator:
ok fir doos maybe am wrong but illl stick to what i no and how av done it ,no direspect but this how av been learnt on both sides of the counter so am staying like it and in 4 yrs of selling the stuff i can honestly say ive never sold a 90 for r/s except on the first bend not tryin to be a smart arse just wat ive done
if you never sold a 90 bend for a fanflued boiler you must have worked in a very quite merchantsi recently put 3 90 and a 45 on one job

ok fir doos maybe am wrong but illl stick to what i no and how av done it ,no direspect but this how av been learnt on both sides of the counter so am staying like it and in 4 yrs of selling the stuff i can honestly say ive never sold a 90 for r/s except on the first bend not tryin to be a smart arse just wat ive done
With respect metaldust9, what you think you know is wrong.
Have a look at the Greenstar CDi MI's. They have a very detailed pictorial on flues and multiple 90° bends. This would be similar for most room sealed fan assisted flues.

checked today and legally you can fit a 90 but its not good practice as each 90 adds up to a metre and a half so there for 2 90,s take the flue down to 2 metres as you only allowed 3 meters overall so when someone gets 6-8 90,s on a flue from is behond me so 45,s best as doesnt shorten overall length and i wil stick to how am doing it as ive been fine up to now ,till i come on here

Just no getting through to some people is there? I don't know it all, that is why this forum is so handy to put your point across and receive some feedback, good or bad. If a number of experienced people say your wrong, unless you 100% categorically know you correct chances are you will be wrong. You put it down to experience, knowing you have learnt something and move on to your next question.
The thing with this industry is; due to the constant upgrades in materials, technology, regulations etc. Know one can profess to know it all.
We are all learning every day.

checked today and legally you can fit a 90 but its not good practice as each 90 adds up to a metre and a half so there for 2 90,s take the flue down to 2 metres as you only allowed 3 meters overall so when someone gets 6-8 90,s on a flue from is behond me so 45,s best as doesnt shorten overall length then so you lot need to go back for assesment also all have fun cos am doing it as ive been fine up to now ,till i come on here

a couple of things on your post,
you have changed your opinion on whether it is allowed or not, well done you, i have replied a couple of times on this thread and you mentioned 6-8 bends which was my comment, if you read my post i used 6-8 as an example but did say that many wasn't ideal,
was it your gas guy or the college who told you it was allowed but wasn't good practice? whoever it was doesn't have a clue, , you need to wind your neck in a bit when you come on here, take the advice/banter the way it is intended, to help you, you were given (much needed assistance) and when you ask on here again for advice as you (and ALL of us ) do on a regular basis,
on a serious note if you think you have been doing fine up to now you need to get the head into the books and get some seriuos work done to get to a reasonable standard, but hey dont be disheartened you know you are welcome on here anytime to ask for help!!!!!! we are a friendly bunch it treated with a modicum of professional curtesy and respect,

Please keep posts on topic and refrain from personal remarks,if members come across any personal or provocative remarks ,please report post and do not respond

As mentioned before,it is important to all members present and future to keep these forums a pleasant and friendly place for all to to visit

Thank you

Well said Kirk. That must be the teacher coming out in you;)

Always fancied being a teacher.................then they wasted that one when they banned the belt:D:D

Btw how bad is the snow out EK way? Got a job out there Friday and don't know if i should cancel?

For the benefit of Metal re a CDi

30CDi.jpg
You will always have the MI's. Learn to read them.

And for the OP

Broag.jpg

I'm sure you can work it out from this.(and it should slope back to the boiler).

The flue is in the loft and has brackets to support it to the front of the house, while the boiler is in the back of the house.
Why such a complicated flue? Surely it would have been easier for the flue to have gone up vertically through the loft and out of the roof.

As for the water exiting the flue, how much is there? Not all the water vapour in the flue gasses will condense in the boiler so it will exit from the flue as steam. If the outside temperature is low, the steam will quickly condense.

It's nothing to worry about.

Well said Kirk. That must be the teacher coming out in you;)

Always fancied being a teacher.................then they wasted that one when they banned the belt:D:D

Btw how bad is the snow out EK way? Got a job out there Friday and don't know if i should cancel?

i've moved to a training centre in Paisley now, the college job was a temp rolling contract and due to lack of apprentices coming through the job finished, but i can guarantee anywhere near EK will be a nightmare, you would prob come off the M8 at strathclyde park and go up the A725, it is a long climb up and every day lorries and vans get stuck, i would seriously consider postponing it for a few days,
unless the job is right on one of the main roads as nothing inside the main roads is getting gritted

Thanks Kirk your post is so true. This is an open forum, so if somone puts somthing on that is against your believes, feel free to comment its welcome. On the other side when you recieve comment back, don't argue and be stubbon if you disagree, do some homework before countering, as your response may be disrespectful to some experienced peoples views.

not getting in to any arguements on here again like i said i no my stuff and shall stick to how i have been doing it with no problems for the last 3 yrs,and a yr and a half on gas i have said sorry to who i need to and am moving on am quite happy to be wrong and take it on the chin i also said i spoke to someone in the collage not the collage themselfs another gas engineer who has been doing it like me for yrs and thats good enough for me so thats, that so no more on the subject from me

No offence meant, no more said, everyones views are valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
It might be, if it can't be rectified by...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Thank you for your information guys. On the...
Replies
Views
Back