Expansion tank problems | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion tank problems in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiffter

PLEASE HELP URGENT!
Removed a hot water cylinder today and thought i'd got all the various pipes mapped out but i have a problem with one remaining pipe. I'd written on it " feed to expansion tank" but not the mains feed that operates the ball ball cock. The pipe came from the hot water cylinder area and fixed on the bottom of the expansion tank. Does this pipe key into the primary boiler inlet or am i talking rubbish? Either way i'm desperate to get it finished as the the family arrive back tomorrow.
Any help very appreciated.

Can you post a couple of pics? Also might help if you list what pipes you do have.

I'm sorry i cant send pics cause im back at my parents house now. The cylinder has been removed to allow more room in the bathroom and a horizontal hot water cylinder and coffin tank has been sited in the loft. The original hot water cylinder had the normal primary and return pipes.The return pipe had a vented pipe coming from it into the expansion tank. A cold water feed from the water tank was fed into the cylinder and a hot water feed with a vented pipe back into the cold water tank. I should have taken some pictures before i removed the tank but didnt. I really dont know where the offending pipe should go and im now wondering if the expansion tank needs to be elevated above the horizontal hot water cylinder?

The F&E tank obviously needs to be above the DHW cylinder or how can you fill the coil with water?

Make sure your swan neck vent pipe is sufficiently high enough above the water level. Pay attention to miniumum distances and clearances re Building Regulations requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
Edit: Just saw above posts. You could...
Replies
Views
I only open the F&E tank filling valve every...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To be fair, it depends on how the bathrooms...
Replies
Views
Back