Expansion vessel | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion vessel in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
If you start to use a local chap,are pleasant,offer the obligatory cuppas,and ask to book in with services with a view to regular annual servicing by him, if he has an ounce of business sense he will look after you as a new source of guarenteed income.
I always carry a diary and put a new customers details and dates for future servicing work in front of my customer, as this instills confidence.

Well, I just had BG "sorting" the boiler out yesterday and apparently there was no problem with the EV just needed pressurising. the guy told my wife that he drained some water from the EV(???) and re-pressurised it and the boiler was fine. I just smiled at it when I got home, but to humour my wife, who thinks I am getting a bit of a bitter old man I just left it, to see what would happen... the boiler was working OK last night and this morning when I left for work, but now she just looked at the pressure gauge and the pressure is at 0 Bar when the boiler is not working. I am thinking that the water just started going again into the air side of the EV and the pressure just dropped. Before you say it I have no leaks in my system and when I pressed the EV valve water came out of it. but Apparently my EV is fine!!!
I would appreciate your comments.

Best Regards
Luis

I have had an expansion vessel replaced six weeks ago on an Ideal C24 which has developed a six inch split along the top and Ideal are denying that this can happen despite the fact that I have sent them photographic evidence of it - can anyone recommend next steps for me please as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with them?
Thanks in advance

ha ha!
sorry guys, my HTC phone thingy sent replies more times than meant to!

i sound like old jim from vicar of dibley!!

no-no-no-YES!

LOL!

Hi NAB,
I would contact trading standards for their advice. I had a similar case before (not related to heating), Trading standards advised me to go to the small claims court. It does not cost a lot and they will help you. Before I took them to court TS asked me to send them a registered letter that was the final warning, that clearly stated my intention of proceeding to court unless I received the required reply from them within a week. they contacted me next day to put things right.
Even if you do not want to go to court, just send the letter, explain clearly what happen and that the EV is not fit for purpose, hence according to your statuary rights and even the warranty given they should put it right.
I found Trading Standards very helpful, they even contacted the company for me, in my case I still had to send the letter, but it may be that a call from Trading Standards may just solve the problem.

Hope it helps
Best Regards
Luis

FLC, I think we can be pretty certain that your EV is knackered. The BG guy has re-pressurised it and it worked for a day,now when you check it you have water at the schraeder valve,it's a textbook case of a split diaphragm!! The "draining of water from the EV" will refer to the pressure being reduced to zero in order to pump it up.

It seems pretty clear to me,they need to change it and stop sodding about.

I just had a go at BG this morning, and they sent out another guy out. Seemed a more feasible guy and when I told him the background of the fault he strait away said that I was probably right and that if he confirmed the fault he would change the EV. He did confirm it and he will be back on Friday to fit an external EV as advised.

I am still going to send them packing afterwards.

Thanks for all the help.
Best Regards
Luis

I know we/you shouldn't count chickens but I love it when David beats Goliath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
As above 1 bar is more than enough vallants...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
R
thanks mate.
Replies
Views
rahul sood
R
just about to do that, WORCS bosch say fit...
Replies
Views
Thank you - and thank you for pointing that...
Replies
Views
Back