Expansion vessel | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion vessel in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Went to a job today to replace a 12ltr expansion vessel on an unvented cylinder. The bladder had burst and the vessel had filled with water, not too bad......unfortunately the person who installed it used the pig tail plasterboard fixings and it came away from the pipework flooding the house!
2 questions,
1 what sort of idiot does this!?
2 have you ever seen the expansion vessel teed into the hot pipe?

Using plasterboard fixings on an expansion vessel is a bit bell endish

Par for the course with big builders and new builds these days... hanging it with driva's is beyond stupid though...

Took 10 mins to cut some ply and screw to the timber frame, I know what you mean though.

Ten minutes to house bashers might as well be a life time when your priced to the second.

Just saying.

Ten minutes to house bashers might as well be a life time when your priced to the second.

Just saying.

Maybe but weigh that up against the thousands of pounds of damage that has been caused by negligence!
if your not going to do it right then don't get your tools out the van!

Maybe but weigh that up against the thousands of pounds of damage that has been caused by negligence!
if your not going to do it right then don't get your tools out the van!

Fair point, if I was screwed to the floor with those prices my tools would deffinately stay on the van.
unless I had mouths to feed.

The blame can be spread around to whoever else is involved, I asked the chippy to add the ply but he forgot....ultimately the responsibility falls on us to do it right.

The blame can be spread around to whoever else is involved, I asked the chippy to add the ply but he forgot....ultimately the responsibility falls on us to do it right.

I can see both sides of this argument.

I can see both sides of this argument.

You weren't so open minded the other year when you were accusing garage manufacturers of being incapable of making garage roofs that were able to support fat plumbers........

If in a/c I always cut and fit a piece of skirt across the span of the a/c to fix the vessell. I do the same to run and clip all the pipework too. All in for the 85 notes on price :eek::mad:

Seen every boiler from a 24cdi to a concord on pig tails. Normally pipework and flue keep it right.

we ripped out an old combi from commercial property and that was hung on plasterboard with just plugs and screws...

it was the job that bod helped on and croppie did the purge volume calcs

Seen hundreds fastened with plasterboard fixings, if I change one I use 20 mm min ply glued and screwed to the wall, use a steel band type support rather than the usual mega jubilee clip.
at last some of the vessel manufacturers have used their heads and now some come with 2 brackets welded to the vessel.

we ripped out an old combi from commercial property and that was hung on plasterboard with just plugs and screws...

it was the job that bod helped on and croppie did the purge volume calcs

Always good to hear of others from the forum helping each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
It's in the WB installation instructions under...
Replies
Views
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
Very true mate he isn’t questioning me he just...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. No I wasn't aware. I'll get...
Replies
Views
Back