Expired flux keep it bin | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expired flux keep it bin in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laco on gas, i was told to steer away from laco on gas due to it being corrosive? Cant really be flushed? Used to use powerflow but its a bastard to get fittings.on with the slightest bit of water in the pipe.

As far as I know laco is the only one that should be used on gas , its powerflow thats the agressive one .

You maybe right, i use laco on everything but use lawtons on gas pipe because i thought laco was corrosive.
As far as I know laco is the only one that should be used on gas , its powerflow thats the agressive one .

I have left Fluxite, Laco, and Everflux on a pipe for a week (as an experiment) to see how corrosivethey were. No green whatsoever on Fluxite, but still greasy (wet?). The Laco and Everflux had dried, but the pipe was heavily greened. I would not say Laco is non-corrosive, based on this.

I have left Fluxite, Laco, and Everflux on a pipe for a week (as an experiment) to see how corrosivethey were. No green whatsoever on Fluxite, but still greasy (wet?). The Laco and Everflux had dried, but the pipe was heavily greened. I would not say Laco is non-corrosive, based on this.

The grease based Fluxite won’t be too corrosive, even if left on pipes for years, but I always clean it all off after soldering.
The Everflux is terrible and eats into the pipe. I hate it and never would use it. I regard it as pure acid and that probably explains why it is supposed to work on uncleaned fittings. I heard it can attack the solder and I have come across lots of fittings that have dry looking solder and some leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
That's galvanised box corrogated steel decking...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Back