External flu rusting - does that mean whole new boiler needed? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss External flu rusting - does that mean whole new boiler needed? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has never been mentioned before in previous gas safety certificates. (But I’m guessing they may not have checked outside as it’s a first floor flat). He’s saying can’t get the part for a month as it’s an old boiler and parts are hard to come by. So recommends new boiler or he’ll have to shut it off. There’s a tenant in there so that’s not ideal, but neither is a new boiler if it’s not really needed. Does an external rusty flu really need full-on replacement if the part can’t be sourced quicker? Something feels off and I’d like to understand exactly what’s necessary. Help greatly appreciated as want and need to do the right thing

Similar plumbing topics

👍🏻 I knew the fire ones had to be, we've done...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Mega flow 210i /capacity 195ltr. Was the...
Replies
Views
Back