F&e tank vent pipe pouring hot water | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss F&e tank vent pipe pouring hot water in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all

I have an oil fired heating system open vent with an f&e tank we had some problems with air constantly getting into the radiators and one of them doesn’t work at all, the system is quite dirty and have now noticed everytime we use the boiler the vent on the f&e tank is pouring hot water but only when the boiler runs. Is this a sludge problem or trapped air as the tank is really dirty.

Could be a few things eg feed and vent tees in the wrong place, pump too strong, pump weak and boiling over, system blocked

Interesting thing is the f@e tank is not overflowing it’s going back down the feed and back down into the system it’s weird
Not weird a common symptom of a tank feed system not working correctly.
Shaun has listed most common causes it needs sorting urgently while you still have a boiler and radiators that hold water.

Not weird a common symptom of a tank feed system not working correctly.
Shaun has listed most common causes it needs sorting urgently while you still have a boiler and radiators that hold water.
Yeah deffo need to sort it the pump is fairly new and it has been run at lower speeds etc but no joy so I’m assuming it’s a blockage as one of the radiators won’t get hot at all if it does it’s a tiny amount of heat, its been struggling for months I think it’s probably a blockage somewhere as the water is very dirty and the tank is filthy with brown sludge. I’m assuming the pump is pulling the water down from the tank?

Clear pictures of where open vent and cold feed connected to system would be useful.
Get a decent magnet and see if it 'sticks' to pipework in that area
Try pulling some sentinel X400 in system to clear sludge.

Clear pictures of where open vent and cold feed connected to system would be useful.
Get a decent magnet and see if it 'sticks' to pipework in that area
Try pulling some sentinel X400 in system to clear sludge.
Yeah will deffo try I’ve got a strong magnet so will give it a go can I just ask if it’s a blockage on the cold feed for example how then is hot water able to pass down ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yep thats right. The other common block place...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have two rads upstairs connected exactly the...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
The makeup isolating valve with the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for your reply Basher. I played the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Hi if you have a expansion pipe if must...
Replies
Views
Back