Facebook and social media advertising | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Facebook and social media advertising in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

A whole load of great advice, should of mentioned that we have just moved and looking to expand, plus we are already paying a lot of money on other advertising, rather not say which as they all work brilliantly, I have been here 12 months now and not 1 days break. Facebook is part of my expansion plans. Last winter I was doing 12 hour days and only arrived in area 4 months before, this winter I think we will be non stop but not quite enough to take on an engineer full time.
I understand how hard it is every day, but it is especially hard during an initial startup or expansion and I take my hat off to you. You seem to be well on your way and I wish you all the best for your future. :)

Yes, Facebook paid advertising works, and it can be cheaper than Google, it's definitely effective, and less competitive right now. I use it to generate leads and get more bathroom quotes booked in.

Like any form of marketing... you need to have a good follow-up/sales system in place after you get the leads (phone numbers), you need to make sure you're following up with calls, texts, and emails to get that quote booked in.

This is a screenshot of an advertising campaign I used on social media, the goal of the advert is to get potential customers to click on it so they can get a bathroom quote.

Screenshot-2019-07-17-at-12.01.23.png

I'll explain the math in this picture.

$8.40 (£6) is the average cost of a new contact/lead who clicked the advert

Out of all the people that click the advert to claim a quotation... after being put through the qualification process, about 40/50% give me their details (Such as phone number/location).

So it's $16-$20 (£13-£18) is the per lead who gives you a phone number to arrange a quote...

The close rate from quotes given to jobs started is 1 in 3...
So for every 3 quotes, he gets one successful job

That means with this method, one job cost him between $48-$60 (£40-£50)

Yes, Facebook paid advertising works, and it can be cheaper than Google, it's definitely effective, and less competitive right now. I use it to generate leads and get more bathroom quotes booked in.

Like any form of marketing... you need to have a good follow-up/sales system in place after you get the leads (phone numbers), you need to make sure you're following up with calls, texts, and emails to get that quote booked in.

This is a screenshot of an advertising campaign I used on social media, the goal of the advert is to get potential customers to click on it so they can get a bathroom quote.

Out of all the people that click the advert to claim a quotation... after being put through the qualification process, about 40/50% give me their details (Such as phone number/location).

So it's $16-$20 (£13-£18) is the per lead who gives you a phone number to arrange a quote...

Would love to see the advert you use to get that many clicks, I get 3000-5000 views, 1 click and no leads.

Would love to see the advert you use to get that many clicks, I get 3000-5000 views, 1 click and no leads.

This is the result of a static image Ad

Are you using video?

What's the goal of your Ad? (specifically)

It sounds like the targeting is off, or the message in the advert isn't congruent with the 'call to action'.

Send me a link to your advert and i'll check it over for you

So every customer costs £40-50??? And every lead costs $8??? That's not good advertising that's extortion. I use a magazine and that's £150 for 3 months and I get around 2/3 calls a week from them this time of year during the winter make that 7/8.

The only company winning from your post is facebook.

So every customer costs £40-50??? And every lead costs $8??? That's not good advertising that's extortion. I use a magazine and that's £150 for 3 months and I get around 2/3 calls a week from them this time of year during the winter make that 7/8.

So you add £40 to every new customers bill to make them pay for you doing their work
plain stupid wake up

when you profit £4000/5000 on each bathroom fitted, it's a pretty good return on investment

What magazine are you using?

Yea right come back in 10 years and tell us how we all got it wrong...Bathstore went **** up and kitchen and bathroom outfits come go bankrupt all the time even more often than shopfitters..and they are notorious
chking

when you profit £4000/5000 on each bathroom fitted, it's a pretty good return on investment

But that’s not profit that’s your cost eg the price of the job

Average sale price is 6/7k

Yes so the basic cost isn’t 1-2k is it

Be surprised if there making 1k profit on it more like a couple of hundred

yes the COGS is 1-2k for this, the client charges 6/7k for bathroom supply and installation.

Maybe 2k labour but materials and other items come out of the pot aswell

I’m sorry but that figure is rubbish

Maybe 2k labour but materials and other items come out of the pot aswell

I’m sorry but that figure is rubbish

He's not including labour because he's doing it himself. Even if he wasn't and everything was outsourced and he was just the business owner paying for advertising, and the cost of good sold and labour came to £4k, it would still be £2/3k profit.

How many times would you spend less than £60? or even £100/£200/£300 if you could get £2/3k back each time?

Anyway, the point of this comment was just to let you's know that Facebook advertising can work for your business if used correctly. Just like any other marketing methods you may see, they're all a source to gain more customers.

He's not including labour because he's doing it himself. Even if he wasn't and everything was outsourced and he was just the business owner paying for advertising, and the cost of good sold and labour came to £4k, it would still be £2/3k profit.

How many times would you spend less than £60? or even £100/£200/£300 if you could get £2/3k back each time?

Anyway, the point of this comment was just to let you's know that Facebook advertising can work for your business if used correctly. Just like any other marketing methods you may see, they're all a source to gain more customers.

So it’s still costing him as I very doubt he’s working for free if he is I’m sure a lot of people on here would want his number

And what about insurances, tools, Van, fuel, memberships, tax man etc

And wouldn’t as nothing’s that easy in this life pay £60 get 3k in cash

I run Facebook ads for businesses that want to get more customers.

Mainly for bathroom supply and installation businesses, but also for kitchens, extensions, and landscaping, it's the same method for all of them.

I thought so.

To me it is stupidly expensive but I dobt do top end bathrooms as I dobt do tiling and cant get reliable trades near me.

I just use local magazines and find them cost effective and do not break the bank.

Every business new and old needs to advertise in good times and bad. That might just mean sign written vans or flyers Or it might mean a huge TV/internet campaign depending on what the business is.

People buy brands they trust and people trust brands they recognise.

I’ve had success in the past with social media by directing people to a booking form on my website. The form asked a few questions, allowed the upload photos and gave some indication of price range for jobs. They then had an option to schedule a visit for a quote. This helps massively weed out those wanting a new heating system for £750.

The advantage of social media is it attracts younger people, if you can secure a 25-30 year old as a customer you have a chance of 40 years of work from them. If your adds mainly target retired people this will obviously be a lot less.

I found FB, Instagram etc a waste of time really just lots of time wasters looking for cheapest price possible.

Whereas I find good website and google presence much better. I get a lot of work from it but I always request a google review from customers.

I found FB, Instagram etc a waste of time really just lots of time wasters looking for cheapest price possible.

Whereas I find good website and google presence much better. I get a lot of work from it but I always request a google review from customers.
I think there is a distinct difference between selling and marketing.
Small outfits go out and sell directly. Large outfits will market as well, marketing alerts the potential customers who might buy.
centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
It is London and Manchester, if you download...
Replies
Views
He doesn't know or will accept it but we've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK, I'm spotting a theme here :) Thanks...
Replies
Views
R
SOLd out in about 1 minute
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
R
geeeeez! thats dinner break over ;)
Replies
Views