Fernox Express F1 How to use on my system?? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fernox Express F1 How to use on my system?? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dukes

Hi
I am confused as to how to apply the fernox F1

fernox-f1-express.jpg

To my central heating system. Below are photos of my boiler and cylinder. Could any experts who have done this before let me know which inlets to connect the fernox applicator to and what problems to beware of.
Much obliged to anyone who replies. Thanks
dukes

2012-12-05 16.08.16.jpg 2012-12-05 16.08.29.jpg 2012-12-05 16.19.08.jpg 2012-12-05 16.21.35.jpg 2012-12-05 16.21.46.jpg 2012-12-05 16.21.58.jpg

Via the filling loop would work but if you don't have a pressure injector just isolate a rad drain a little water from it and then introduce through bleed key or its boss. Tighten up open the valves and job is done.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The discharge pipework, if you can call it that, is very michael mouse.

when you get a qualified engineer to put the discharge pipework right ask him/her to add the chemical.

welcome to the forum.

when you get a qualified engineer to put the discharge pipework right ask him/her to add the chemical.

welcome to the forum.

Hi all
thanks for all your replies.
So what do I need to tell the installer to put right exactly?
is it dangerous in the present state?
is it compulsory to fill in the cylinder data badge on installation?

regards
dukes

Have you had your certificate from the local building control? Is there a two port valve on the flow pipe to the cylinder? Did the installer have his g3 qualification and did you see the evidence of this?

Have you had your certificate from the local building control? Is there a two port valve on the flow pipe to the cylinder? Did the installer have his g3 qualification and did you see the evidence of this?
lolol nice one simon, you knoe what the answer will be

Hi Simon
Well I have had the certificate from the building control which covered the kitchen extension and boiler/cylinder install. I haven't got a clue regarding the technical details of the cylinder pipework. No the installer did not show me his G3 qualification and I don't know if he had one. These are all useful to know but I can assure you most regular people outside of the industry will not know these requirements upfront before they have installations done. That's true in my case.

Is the system in its current state dangerous? i.e. I need to know the urgency of these modifications.

Thanks

dukes

That's what it said! It did! It said 01/01/1970! It did!

I'm not going mad! I'm not! I'm not!
The daisies! The daisies!

Kill two birds with one stone then, get an engineer in who can 1) show you how to get your fernox into the system and 2) can check out the unvented cylinder. The discharge pipework is definitely incorrect and there's no sign on the pictures of the two port valve which is an integral part of the safety features on the cylinder. But make sure that the engineer is qualified to check it out. i.e G3. Thats about as much info as I can give you.

Hi all
thanks for all your replies.
So what do I need to tell the installer to put right exactly?
is it dangerous in the present state?
is it compulsory to fill in the cylinder data badge on installation?

regards
dukes

cant say if anything is dangerous without taking a look, but the plastic discharge pipework is wrong and would not meet building regs. An unvented cylinder can blow you house apart if fitted badly and a fault occurs which is why it must be fitted and signed off by a qualifed competent person. If you engineer has not got a g3 qualification then he should not touch such work.

your manual bypass under the boiler is wrong and should be automatic, if its just been fitted.

Kill two birds with one stone then, get an engineer in who can 1) show you how to get your fernox into the system and 2) can check out the unvented cylinder. The discharge pipework is definitely incorrect and there's no sign on the pictures of the two port valve which is an integral part of the safety features on the cylinder. But make sure that the engineer is qualified to check it out. i.e G3. Thats about as much info as I can give you.

Hi
thanks for all your replies. Ok I'll get the original installer in first and see what he has to say about your comments. What course of action do I have if he doesn't come back to fix the issues. He did issue a gas safety certificate for this. Also the building control people passed this work off.

Regards
dukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi There Try clearing your browsing history...
2 3
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Back