Ferroli 901 short cycle | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli 901 short cycle in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

FWIW, I never been able to claim a warranty on a pump replacement in a system and I've been in the game 25 years.

The only pumps I've ever managed warranty on are new boilers on new systems.

Pump warranties on existing systems - no chance

new pump went in no problem, solved issue, just a case of getting refund on damaged one now.
OK, this is a new development, it's still short cycling, however the period of time between it switching off and on again ids shorter so water is actually hotter because by the time it starts getting cold it starts warming up again. However ive just replaced a sink in the bathroom and when I turned off the water and drained taps the last of the water in the cold tap was warm, I read this may be something to do with thermostat in boiler being constantly in on position, could this have been the problem all along?

This sounds like a faulty venturi causing the pressure to the pressure switch to fluctuate. On some models this is a hard high temperature plastic and goes very brittle with age. Worth a check as they're quite cheap.

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ancient ferroli 901 optima that due...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Hi ShaunCorbs, thanks for the reply. The pump...
Replies
Views
Back