Ferroli domicondens f28 problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ferroli domicondens f28 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mattym80

Hi I am hoping somebody out there can give me some advise I have a ferroli f28 combi boiler and all of a sudden started making a load banging noise then flashed up with a warning think it was a overheating warning can't remember what the code was now and noticed a pipe leaking water after that so got the washer replaced, has no warnings now but only the central heating works now the only way to get hot water is by turning central heating on to constant which I presume is also heating the water so I have to have rads on every time I want any ho****er, if u turn hot taps on boiler doesn't respond at all no lights or flame sign it's like the boiler doesn't know the taps are getting switched on my father in law usually fixes these type of things but he isn't sure which part it is as hasn't seen this problem before any advise would be appreciated thanks

Hi welcome to the forum , maybe your father in law has a friend who does know the boiler or has more experience , if not you could post a request in the I need a plumber section. Maybe there's someone on here close to you.

Thanks for reply I'm still waiting for his friend to come round, was just looking for some advise to put me in the right direction of possible causes or known problems with this boiler thanks

if your in a rush my advise would be to phone a competant gas engineer, or if the boilers not been fitted long call the installer.

Father in law fitted it then got checked by bg only got this 1 as was on offer at the time, My funds are low at minute and gas engineers don't come cheap lol that would be my ideal situation to ring a enginner and just say fix it but bank at minute says no, was just hoping there was a commen fault or a known sort of problem with this issue I'm having thanks

Because I was renting my house out at the time and wanted a safety check certificate

Have you checked your father-in-laws gassafe registration number?

Oh dear! Hasn't he got one? You mean you've allowed an illegal gas fitter to put a boiler in for you? You are very lucky no ones been killed.

I assume also you didn't mention any of this to BG?

Who are u like the boiler police? Get u head out ur arse and come into the real world, wasnt asking any questions about certificates or safety was just asking a simple question about a problem I had with my boiler go find ur kicks from somewhere else than trying to shoot people down cause u know more than they do

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear! Hasn't he got one? You mean you've allowed an illegal gas fitter to put a boiler in for you? You are very lucky no ones been killed.

I assume also you didn't mention any of this to BG?

Very true!

Why do people assume that qualified engineers cost a fortune, it's the unqualified numpties that could cost someone their life.

Who are u like the boiler police? Get u head out ur arse and come into the real world, wasnt asking any questions about certificates or safety was just asking a simple question about a problem I had with my boiler go find ur kicks from somewhere else than trying to shoot people down cause u know more than they do

Gobbo. pull your own head out. If your father in law is qualified then I apologise.

what you need to realise before you go trumpeting off at people that work with boilers day in and day out is that THESE THINGS KILL!

Everything is to do with safety, yours, your tenants, everybody. I dont want to pick up the paper to read of another gas related fatality because some monkey has thought it looks easy enough.

And if that means denting your fragile little ego, then tough!

There was no need in having a go at croppie when we see people post that their boilers broken down and have been fitted by themselves or someone else whos not GSR

Engineers that are GSR have been trained and proved competent to work on gas and their appliances they have on their ticket

Guys like croppie most likely knows exactly what it is but after your attack like that, you'll know the answer

Regarding your problem, it could be a electrical fault however, could be anything since the boiler has been fitted by a non GSR person

Sorry to hear this matty

the tap symbol keeps flashing on and off, there is an orange light on. there are no f numbers showing so i dont no whats wrong, can you help me please, Hazel

And rather than piggy bag a thread from several years back you'd be better if starting a new one. You'll be more likely to get responses. Welcome to the forum by the way.

It surprises me that BG checked out the boiler that someone else has fitted ! quite an eye opener that one, The other point is depending on age of boiler it could have still been under Manufactures warranty, But because its been fitted by a unregistered person any warranty would be void, The same as his house insurance if they find out, or if there is an incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This sounds like a faulty venturi causing the...
Replies
Views
Winnywood
W
Replies
Views
If it's creeping back upto 3 bar with nothing...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back