First broken power tool..Ebrauer cordless drill | Plumbing Tools | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss First broken power tool..Ebrauer cordless drill in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Ebrauer cordless drill. Just over two year old, relatively regular use. Just spins round without spinning what in it - say a screwdriver bit - once connected to screw. Fixable or had it?

If the latter - any good suggestions? I don't need it to be high-spec really, have a decent SDS and so just use cordless for whacking in screws and making a few holes in bits of wood.

Impact drivers are amazing at driving in screws easily. They're very loud while they do it!

Basically they bang the screw in a rotational direction.

The Makita Impact drivers are good. I'm just not happy with my combination impact driver/drill. The chuck adapter for it was £35, the drill was nearly £400 and it smoked on the the first week I used it.

You only really need an impact driver if you reguarly drive in lots of screws. Like timber framing in bathrooms, or dry lining.

my 18v makita li-ion drill has just developed the same problem, so i took it apart and i now cant put it back together

If you have the batteries / charger etc you can buy just the drill body on its own without having to buy the entire kit.

Milwaukee all the way, u can pitch up the 18v driver with 2 3ah batteries for £215 what a buy! Also purchased the 18v millwaukee torch aswell, very well designed tools! Small things count, they have a power battery indicator, a light that lights when you are drilling and illuminates drilling area and clips on side off drill with you can put bits for storage! Best drill i have ever owned!!!!

i got that tmaz the hilti offer but did one better me and a mate at work was in hilti in belfast they had no more of that one but give use the newer model pack with 14volt 3.3ah batteries and the newer model cordless drill driver and newer model cordless impact driver same money £289 +vat,
brillant peice of kit nearly all my tools are hilti offer excellant cover and excellant service and for the amount you pay extra compfared to dewalt and bosch it is most def worth every penny.
if anyone wants a decent power tool got to your nearest hilti dealer you will be surprised they give you a lot of stuff free.
i got a 36volt lion cordless sds recently cost over 600 but that came with 2 batteries, vacuum attachment have to see it to beleive it, a hilti holesaw set up to 110mm, steel bit set over 30bits, selection of sds bits
you pay for the best but its worth it.

These threads make me feel old. The first power tool I killed was Bosch hammer drill nearly thirty years ago. That was in the days when SDS was a rarity and we had to use a Rawl drill to make ho;es in concrete.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Tried all of it over the years and now have...
Replies
Views
Makita would be my advice bud I use my sds for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeh I've heard, The company I work for have...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Festool def top class but panasonic cordless...
Replies
Views
keltoyboy
K
  • Question
I would tend to agree with snowhead the...
Replies
Views
Back