First Commercial LPG Job! | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss First Commercial LPG Job! in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Why do I always get these jobs lol. 293KW direct air heater running on LPG. Was running it right at the start when I noticed a nice 4" crack in the end of the burner exhaust assembly.

Why do I get the feeling this is about to get expensive for the customer??

And check out the state of the burner before I gave it a good clean. Was disgusting. I swear there were 5 dead people's worth of dust inside the air heater too!

Direct air heater is, wait for it....

24 years old.

And no indication it's ever been serviced lol.

Reassuringly, the manufacturer suggests they can still make the part. Bet it's going to be cheap!!

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

Yes definitely. Just had a trust that owns 5 schools get in touch as well wanting their annual boiler services done. Ideal Commercial boilers serviced and PAT testing too (2x boilers per school). Quoted £125+Vat each boiler for the service and apparently I was the cheapest by £45 per boiler so they want me to service them.

I think it's fair to say there is good money in commercial work!! Wondered where it was in the plumbing game :)

Next time you will know you can quote slightly more too

Yes it's one of those things - figured I should come in a bit cheaper initially to build up my commercial client base. Also they're looking at a 5 year commitment to us and with The electrical testing side that's a good whack of recurring income.

Yes it's one of those things - figured I should come in a bit cheaper initially to build up my commercial client base. Also they're looking at a 5 year commitment to us and with The electrical testing side that's a good whack of recurring income.

Yep and you will find the same with most commercial places

I'm off to Leeds today doing some i Max's once a month every month

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well I am clearly not a plumber LMAO so that's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Yes, thanks - was thinking something along...
Replies
Views
Back