Fitting an outside tap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting an outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of kerfuffle over a bleedin drain cock, I fit them because it is not always possible to have your outside tap as the lowest point of the installation in relation where you can drill through for your cold feed. It looks professional and for the sake of £1.18 it's good practice.

At the end of the day we are not robots and will do things differently.

Use em or don't the choice is ours, but at least I know that the customer has the ability to prevent the pipe from freezing, it's then upto them if they choose to use it or not.

i agree the correct way to do it is with double check valve internal stopvalve and drain off but, how often do you have enough space to fit all those? i've been to installations where the cold feed is teed into then straight out of the wall at low level and about a foot of pipe up to the tap oh and no sleeving in the wall either!:thumbs_down::cowboy:

regarding the drain cock, it requires the customers compliance in order to ensure there is no water in the pipe under pressure which can burst when freezing. most customers either forget or can't be bothered fiddling about under the sink. i still fit them and instruct the customer, but also tell em that isolating then leaving the tap open will suffice, as the freezing water has somewhere to go other than through the wall of the pipe.

JUST because I don't we've had enough posts regarding the drain cock...
I don't think 99.999% would have the first idea what to do with it, even if you explained it to them and did a demonstration. In my experience they have enough trouble with isolation valves with handles on them painted bloody blue.

out of interest mate, what would you use for this?
Just some off the shelf resin to create the barrier. It's years since I've gone through it, so can't think of a particular brand, but if I had to due to it being the only way, then you have to cover your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Why is it outside? It will freeze and the...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any thoughts on this bottle gully arrangement?
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
There is no picture with your post but in my...
Replies
Views
Back