Fitting new radiator | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting new radiator in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which might eliminate mistakes. It'd also help me to build a portfolio before getting a job in trade.

The house is old built and the rad goes into the kitchen in the vicinity of the combi boiler. System is main feed. However, the heating pipes allegedly running in the ceiling just above the location where the rads needed. I don't know where the components are yet because we need to lift some floor boards. (See the pics)

What do you think about the pipe sizing? The flow and return should go into the bottom of the rads by instructions. The chap wants the pipes hidden behind the rads if those coming from the ceiling down. He also wants to fit TRVs everywhere.
Is micro bore suitable just to hide the pipes behind it?
Should we do a full system flush as well then use inhibitor?

Thanks for reading and for the replies!

received_1359246988272191.jpeg

Attachments

• received_2673201012838993.jpeg
    received_2673201012838993.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 27
15mm and is the rest of the pipework hidden eg other rads ?

As for flush see what the water coming out the rads is like

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, Winter has come and finally I have a...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, they are rubbish and generally a right...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
  • Question
That worked. The ballcock had already been...
Replies
Views
Back