Flame failure Baxi 105e combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flame failure Baxi 105e combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
"then frankly it isn't worth a fart"

"that the regard the general consensus hold of 'health and safety advisors' is well placed"

Call me a bluff old traditionalist but those comments don't seem to be that "nice" nor do they add any value to what is being discussed here.

Koogatubac may be your mate for all I know but the fact his comments got deleted should tell you something

Please if you have anything of value to add I am happy to hear it

Regards

I will re-iterate my point. By your own admission you have been a health and safety advisor for 15 years, and have come on this forum asking for help. So you deem yourself competant. A registered engineer must be deemed competant by a third party.

Now the legalities may say you are allowed to open the boiler as long as you don't break a gas seal, or touch the flue (in laymen’s terms).

However, I think you are wrong to open a boiler, and the fact that you have experience in kilns doesn't mean you have rellavent experience with your Baxi.

As for being a bluff old traditionalist, that's your opinion.

My opinion is that you should leave boiler repairs to people who have spent their time learning how they operate. I personally think that opinion is of value.

It isn't helpful for Joe public to read your comments and consider themselves fit to fiddle with their appliance (as long as they leave the gas alone).

Why shouldn’t they? That's what you have done.

As for Koogatubac's deleted comments, I didn't read them. Whether he is a mate or not is irrelevant. (I have only talked to him on this forum tonight) …..I agree with the general sentiment of his comments.

If he has had comments deleted, then he has probably been rude. I don't think I have.

If you are offended then I apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
faulty diaphram with the sound of it.
Replies
Views
Chris, just to update, thanks for all your...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Also check the little 4-6mm pigs tail tube
Replies
Views
Back