Flaw with worcester 30cdi comi ng boileer | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flaw with worcester 30cdi comi ng boileer in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fab1

I posted a question on the general plumbing questions regarding how long it should take for it to fire up when the hot tap is turned on,mine was takeing 15 -18 seconds to fire and a further 40seconds for water hot enough to come through ( eco mode on and off).i felt this was a fault so got wb to come out on wed and engineer found it to be working correctly and it was the way it should be,i still felt this was unacceptable and phoned wb teck help and they confirmed this was not wright and would send engineer out again,the engineer phoned me to discus the problem before he attended,he told me that this was normal and i should fit a dt20 rf stat and it would work better, he was correct it does work better infact it now works spot on it fires up within 5 seconds of switching the hot tap on and hot water in 20 seconds
This brings me to my conclusion that unless you spend a further £150 on awb dt20 rf it will not work correctly was this good advise from the wb engineer or is there a build flaw that wb know about???????

Hi Fab 1 ... Interesting post :)

From what you've found out it sounds like the WB PCB spends some time "waiting" for a response from the RF regardless of whether one is fitted or not which seems weird considering the combi responds to internal detection of water flow! I'd personally think its a flaw with the PCB design that could add up to a lot of wasted water!!

My thoughts exactly i expressed this to wb teck desk they agreed it was not working as it should i also expressed this to the two engineers they both insisted that it was working correctly and coming to think about it both engineers advised me to fit the rf so is it a flaw that i feel they know about and would i have grounds to compo for the cost of the rf,i was happy enough to continue as a standard boiler

Well Fab 1 I personally have not installed any or spent any time around one to notice what you have... It just seems a waste of water to me and not good if everyone without the RF stat has to put up with the lag before ignition ... Its worth complaining if for no other reason than Worcester take note and investigate ... if it is in deed some kind of an on board PCB issue ... :)

The more i think about this the madder i am getting,its no fault of the engineers but i feel that wb know about it and the engineers do also that is why the engineers advise to fit a wb rf.( dont shoot the messenger ).this cdi range should have a rf as standard if this turns out to be correct.i was wasting half a sink of water every time.i shall be complaining tomorrow big time

As my grandad used to say

"SILENCE IS A FRIEND WHO WILL NEVER BETRAY"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
I have recently had exactly the same problem...
Replies
Views
David Goodwin
D
Replies
Views
I hoping for the best.
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Not offended. I understand your frustration...
Replies
Views
Back