flexi screwed on to iso valve | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flexi screwed on to iso valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why worry? Adding a male straight will prevent the risk of a leak at the flexi flat washer seal.
Yes, you will have 3 compression connections, but they will not leak if you do them correctly. Only thing that can leak is if it is a cheap isolating valve fitted.
I have never had any bother or concern with brass joints where they are needed above floors.

or even better use a soldered male iron

All they need to do now is invent a ballofix 15mm compression one end and half inch male the other with the flat face. Jobs a good un

This sort of valve would do same. Not compact slotted screw type or cheap though.
image.jpg

Thank you is filling down one end of the iso to give a flat surface not an option?

Yes if it is your own house and you don't mind.
No if it is for a customer.
No if you don't want to waste time using a file.

Let's just say one of the flexis you connect to your filed down isolating valve starts leaking, maybe doing serious damage. Someone like me comes out to fix the leak and give a report.
The risk is I would first say - Wrong method and unsuitable fitting for connecting a washered flexi to. Then once I remove the flexi I would say someone has filed the edge of the isolating valve in an obvious attempt to make it do.
I would rather not give anyone the chance to criticise my work tbh.

View attachment 26629View attachment 26628

Yes! Seen loads of them just having been slightly weeping, but I know of one where it leaked and eventually started coming through a ceiling. Done by a plumber. Just found the photos. First photo is how it should have been done. Second photo is how the plumber did it. Sleep well! :grin:

should have been done in copper completely really :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi. Do you mean the Flomasta one I linked to...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best to ask hive
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just as an aside, this fitting is never under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah ok. In the past on bleed valves I have not...
Replies
Views
Back