Flexi Tap connectors on central heating | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flexi Tap connectors on central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was it was the same 'bathroom fitter' (used very very loosely) who installed the new rad in a bathroom I had to go to recently. New rad was bigger so fitted a ball o fix valve under lockshield and fastened tap connector to that and pushed pipe under floor. Rad never worked since. Went to fix it, was going to take rad off until I saw that the ra was holding the tiles onto the wall, floor had been tiled (all the grout was cracked) but luckily the lockshield end was by the door and could access underneath from the landing. The flexi had compressed as it was pushed under floor, nevertheless didn't take long to get shot, put right and have it running again.

Called to service a combi the other year, fitted with Tap connectors, at least the gas was done properly.
Rang Corgi at the time, to be told the conections don't come under the Gas Regs.
So advised on job sheet that they were incorrect, & customer wasn't bothered, thought I was trying for more work, Oh well ! It was only in a top floor flat ...............

op....
not getting him in to do the work because he is the cheapest quote are you?.......................................

While we're on the subject of flexi's...what are people's opinions of using them for expansion vessels?

I'm actually ignored MI's before that told me to use a flexi on a expanion vessle I was cutting in. Just did it with 22mm and a 3/4 to 22mm comp fitting. (heating system, red vessle).

Only ask as I now have to cut in an expansion vessle (white of course) for a Megaflow with a knackered baffle plate, and once again the MI's want a flex connection (less worrying as it's going on the cold feed). After the combination valve obviously. Again tempted to plumb it all in copper tube and ignore MI's.

Last edited:
i would agree with you wb use the same flexible method on there boiler and as time has shown us on other boilers they block with crud if on a dirty system

op....
not getting him in to do the work because he is the cheapest quote are you?.......................................

woops meant original poster, I dont want more trouble like last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Flexis on heating isnt a good idea, flexis in general..... well some of these back to wall pans would be very difficult to install without them, theyve used them abroad for years,but they do look gash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back