Flow regulator ball valves | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flow regulator ball valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Pickwickpick

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I got given a bag of unused CP961 flow regulator ball valves (same as in the pic) years ago by my mum (she found them in rental she was clearing out between tenants), they ended up at the bottom of a box and promptly forgot about them til I was having a tidy up earlier today.

I've tried opening them opening/closing the ball valve in them with a screwdriver but they won't budge. Do they need the flow cartridge in them to work or are they just knackered?

flow-regulator-ball-valve-cp961-15mm-17527-6_min_17527_P_1.jpg

Put a spanner on PW. I'll be amazed of they are US. If i recall properly they open with and without.

Good call, a big adjustable with plenty of leverage did the trick, once I cracked it for the first time its working smoothly with screwdriver now.

They have a stay of execution then and can live in one of the many boxes of bits and bobs that might come in useful at some point in the future :)

Feck just order 24 for them

Yeah. I bought a couple not long ago and liked them. But they are stiff and I'd be happier if they came with handles.

Yeah. I bought a couple not long ago and liked them. But they are stiff and I'd be happier if they came with handles.

they do different ones they do ones with washing machine handles

Can't beat a fellow hoarder.

One day I'll find a use, honest :)

Wish the missus thought the same :D

Looking at them a bit closer it looks like you can fit a lever onto them, there's a tapped thread in the middle of the screwdriver slot that looks like its for fixing a lever/handle in place.

Do they regulate the flow without the horrible roaring sound associated with partially closing the ball-o-fix? If so I think I want to buy them by the dozen!

Do they regulate the flow without the horrible roaring sound associated with partially closing the ball-o-fix? If so I think I want to buy them by the dozen!

Oops. Original post was to an answer to a diff thread!!

Yes. There is a little noise but none of the severe cavitation of a partial closure.

Oops. Original post was to an answer to a diff thread!!

Yes. There is a little noise but none of the severe cavitation of a partial closure.

Now that I a) remembered I'd got them b) knew where they were in my hoarder's cave (as the oh refers to it :D) c) based on your advise in this thread realised they were still in working order ; I've used one in the toilet at home and have been really impressed, haven't noticed any noise off them in situ, although we have a fairly noisy house with the menagerie of pets.

Similar plumbing topics

The Honeywell VT5005T referred to (in a link)...
Replies
Views
U
I always prefer to fit flow limiters to reduce...
Replies
Views
Back