Flow restriction from magnaclean/tf1 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flow restriction from magnaclean/tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or an arm near the top of the chamber that is lifted by the rising sediment and makes the contact for the LED

O------------o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see what you are saying , in order to do this I will have to have an electrical feed or battery for the LED. Another expense .

I see what you are saying , in order to do this I will have to have an electrical feed or battery for the LED. Another expense .

Well a battery at least, which could be quite small as it won't be operating for most of the time - but it will need to be long-life, and easy to replace.

I would think the LED, the battery, and the sensor, would need to be in one tubular unit that could be fitted through one drilling. It would be a good selling point, but then you have to balance that with the additional cost.

The MagnaBooster marketing stresses that if the filter becomes full it is automaticaly by-passed and full flow continues, but then that means that the heat exchanger is not protected because, in effect, the filter has stop working.

So if your filter has a warning light that signals that the filter is three-quarters full and needs emptying before the by-pass starts, it should be a strong selling point.

Petercj , excellent idea , but cost factor and having a battery will make it bulky.So I am going to make it simple and state on the instructions annual service required.

Petercj , excellent idea , but cost factor and having a battery will make it bulky.So I am going to make it simple and state on the instructions annual service required.

LEDs use very little power, and a small long-life battery shouldn't cost much, I would guess that combined it should be possible for less than a £1.

But simplicity is good - adding features nearly always means that there is another thing that can go wrong.

Is the casing of your filter transparent?

If not, could a section of it be made so?

if your supplying it in white ensure its a wipe clean finish or protect it with stick on plastic its hard enough keeping the condense overflow pipe clean when doing a boiler

Hi,

Have you thought of training companies / colleges? they love stuff that works (preferably free).

The advantage for you is so many people continue to use the products they have trained with, not everyone is interested in continued learning after they get their papers.

Wishing you every success.

You have hit the nail on the head , I was trained as an apprentice fitting baxi boilers and i have stuck to them .
I will be sending samples to acs training schools and colleges.
So far I am on schedule , launch date 1st of november .
DirtMAGIQ and BOILERMAG have released their filters , healthy competition !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a look at the Boilermag website - looks like more of the same to me. How have they managed to copy the MagnaBooster / Tf1 without infringing copyright?

I see they offer points that can be traded in for tools - mainly gardening tools in the pics.

Must be a risk of market overload, I would think.

If your customer is particularly concerned with non magnetic debris you could recommend that you install a MagnaClean TwinTech. MagnaClean TwinTech can be installed on any central heating system and, as the name suggests, possesses exceptionally powerful magnetic and non-magnetic filtration characteristics. TwinTech is available in 22mm black and is ADEY's most advanced, high capacity filter. From our experience MagnaClean TwinTech is the perfect partner for central heating systems that have specific problems with non-magnetic debris. It's also particularly well suited for open-vented systems; where plastic pipework is fitted or underfloor heating. Central heating systems of this nature tend to have more problems and a higher volume of non-magnetic debris in suspension. In order to achieve the best protection for the boiler, we recommend that MagnaClean TwinTech is fitted between the last radiator and the boiler.

ADEY, what do you think of some type of loyalty scheme, i.e buy 20 magnacleans get 1 free or something like that. No other filter company offers that. Would benifit plumbers and yourselves

ADEY, what do you think of some type of loyalty scheme, i.e buy 20 magnacleans get 1 free or something like that. No other filter company offers that. Would benifit plumbers and yourselves

They are for some reason not so much driven to please the installers. I offered them some years ago my contacts to german suppliers. Not interested. They have got their own strategy I have been told.
Well, magnetic filters now start finding their ways into the shelves there.
But its not Adey.
I personally prefer Adey's products. And despite I fitted quite a few and service them as well I never had any problems with them. Except of the poor quality compression rings/fittings on earlier models.
With the TF1 I got spluttered black a few times when initially nothing comes out and then all in one go.
With the MB I am not sure, when I see what amount of sludge some systems give off in the first years after fitting the magnetic filter. It looks undersized to me.

And I find my own Magna Clean 28, despite its the older model without the new cartridge, collecting a mixture of magnetic and non magnetig particles. There are regularly chips of lime scale trapped between the iron oxide particles. Just I had no chance by now to see the effect of the reduced flow of the new A-rated pump.

Anyone got experience on the impact of A-rated pumps on magnetic filters?

i am launching a new filter on the 1st of november,this filter will capture magnetic and non-magnetic particles.You can see this on our holding page until the website is finished off .
www.trappex.co.uk ,any questions contact me on [email protected].
10000 gauss magnet , 5 dirt separators ,service without dismantling ,dosing point via a funnel.
A animated video will be launched in the next few weeks .

Petercj have a look at my holding page , see what you think www.trappex.co.uk
Everything going to plan , so far so good

Hi

Good to hear its going well - is that page temporary? If it's permanent, not sure about the different orientation of the filter on the right - looks a bit unbalanced, and a bit pointless?

Could also do with a bit more info imo so that it's obvious what the filter is for, i.e. to protect central heating boilers.

The Trappex logo looks great - very professional, as does the filter.

It is only a holding page until the website is up and running .I have had 22 enquiries already ,i only put this up last night .What do you think of the name CENTRAMAG (central heating magnet)
Yes .you are right I am going to put more info on the holding page in the next couple of days .
Good thinking batman !!!!!!
Hi

Good to hear its going well - is that page temporary? If it's permanent, not sure about the different orientation of the filter on the right - looks a bit unbalanced, and a bit pointless?

Could also do with a bit more info imo so that it's obvious what the filter is for, i.e. to protect central heating boilers.

The Trappex logo looks great - very professional, as does the filter.

Centramag is good - relates to what the product does without being too close to similar brand names.

Googling wise it brings up Centrimag, which is a blood pump of all things!

Have you had any thoughts on getting over clashing with the Trappex game when it comes to google listings?

As you probably know, there's a monthly competition on this forum for best looking piece of plumbing work - maybe you could become a sponsor offering a filter or two as a prize?

An independent merchant recently joined the forum (who may not have seen the earlier thread on your filter venture) perhaps you could do each other a bit of good?

This forum is a good place to start with your advertising - the adverts have become more prolific of late so your filter would get plenty of exposure.

An independent merchant recently joined the forum (who may not have seen the earlier thread on your filter venture) perhaps you could do each other a bit of good?

Good spot Petercj! Have just emailed him. :)

Centramag is good - relates to what the product does without being too close to similar brand names.

Googling wise it brings up Centrimag, which is a blood pump of all things!

Have you had any thoughts on getting over clashing with the Trappex game when it comes to google listings?

As you probably know, there's a monthly competition on this forum for best looking piece of plumbing work - maybe you could become a sponsor offering a filter or two as a prize?

This forum is a good place to start with your advertising - the adverts have become more prolific of late so your filter would get plenty of exposure.

i have always valued your opinion , and taken your views on board.
The reason I have not optimised the TRAPPEX website, is because it is not up and running yet , sponsoring is a good idea.
What do you think of the filter being in white . Is a good idea for CENTRAMAG to blend in with the white kitchen appliances ?
Our plastic injection molding company in Nottingham is having the filters ready for the end of October , PLEASE NOTE MADE IN GB NOT CHINA .
When they are ready , i will post a filter out to you.

Hi,

I think if you put the line "Designed and Made In Great Britain" on the holding page and if possible work it into the Centramag logo it can only do your product good as many people liker the idea of supporting Local Business.

I understand your site is only a holding a page at the moment but a PDF of instructions or even a one page brochure to download will keep you in visitors minds, maybe I am unusual but I tend to download such information and keep them in a folder on my desktop.

Hi,

I think if you put the line "Designed and Made In Great Britain" on the holding page and if possible work it into the Centramag logo it can only do your product good as many people liker the idea of supporting Local Business.

I understand your site is only a holding a page at the moment but a PDF of instructions or even a one page brochure to download will keep you in visitors minds, maybe I am unusual but I tend to download such information and keep them in a folder on my desktop.
Next week we will put a video link on the website , so the workings of the product will be shown .
The video will also be on youtube and the website will be operational in 2 weeks time.

What do you think of the filter being in white . Is a good idea for CENTRAMAG to blend in with the white kitchen appliances ?

I like the idea of a white finish, so long as it is easy to wipe down and keep clean. When a certain brand leading competitor first showed me a white prototype, the finish was slightly "orange-peel" and I wondered if it would end up being gray. I think it needs a glossy finish.

On the "made-in-Britain" angle, I think that's definitely worth marketing, so long as you plan to keep it that way. If you end up selling hundreds of thousands, there will be a temptation to yield to cost pressures, and source manufacturing abroad. You may have made a rod for your own back, and would lose a lot of credibility if you later changed policy.

We have signed up a 8 year deal with the plastic injection molding company in nottingham , we stay loyal to local jobs and local services , rather than go out to china .

i have always valued your opinion , and taken your views on board.
The reason I have not optimised the TRAPPEX website, is because it is not up and running yet , sponsoring is a good idea.
Our plastic injection molding company in Nottingham is having the filters ready for the end of October , PLEASE NOTE MADE IN GB NOT CHINA .
When they are ready , i will post a filter out to you.

I like the idea of the filter in white. As others have said, fly the flag for MADE IN BRITAIN (like the Union Jack btw).

As previously mentioned, I think it would be good to have something on the filter about "boiler protection" - when it's spotted by lay people hanging off a pipe in a family/friends kitchen some folk will ask: "whats that white thing for?" If they get the answer: "it protects the boiler" they might decide to get one. Presumably you will have your website address on the filter label for anyone who wants to know more about its function, listed fitting agents, etc.

Looking forward to seeing your website, and that 3D graphic you splashed out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I like old skool...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
M
My feeling is that it's not the homeowners...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've bought a four bed house, it's about...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back