Flue placement on new boiler installation | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flue placement on new boiler installation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Wouldn't worry about that to be honest.

Sure you’re not looking for an excuse not to pay out the rest?

Thanks for the reply. The only reason why I'm being rather fussy about the flue installation is because my gas was capped by edf when they came to fit a smart meter. They found the valve on the boiler was sticking open when the pilot light went out.

I had a gas safe worker come to have a look and he replaced the bad part which I sourced. He left me with two gas leaks on two separate occasions with one being on the meter he uncapped and one on the valve he fitted, which he botched by stacking the incorrect sized o-ring with another fibre o-ring to raise it. This meant I had to call the emergency gas people twice and they capped me on the second time.

So the guy who fit my new boiler wouldn't work on the old one because the old steel square flue was under the car port with a hole above it, but was less than 300mm away from either side.

My fear is being capped again on a technicality and having to deal with more workmen. My mother and I were without gas for about 5 weeks and it was a real pain.

Last edited:
I have received another email from Vaillant with the following email.

Capture.jpg

So basically what I said earlier!

From the look of your flue he has altered all the pipes to facilitate the fitting of the flue there looks like he has gone to a lot of messing about to make sure he could get flue in a safe place, just ask him to alter the pipes again to make the install conform to regs,

Yes alter the rain water at the top, it will look a lot better that way as well.

Get the plumber to do it for you, he should have priced it in and it’s his job to fit to manufactures instructions.

You still won’t get the required clearance but it will look a lot neater

Yes alter the rain water at the top, it will look a lot better that way as well.

Get the plumber to do it for you, he should have priced it in and it’s his job to fit to manufactures instructions.

There are some right rough gits out there anything to get a boiler on the wall.
Get the origion plume kit fitted. I’m sure clearances are reduced to 25mm then.

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Hello, Ben this is what I thought as it seems...
Replies
Views
Boiler now much quieter. Plumber loosened heat...
Replies
Views
Back