Flue problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flue problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a facetious comment (as if I would) but if the flue is correct in every other way, you could always secure the window shut.

Screwing windows shut is not recommended. Anyone takes them out or the window is changed at some point in the future and it will still be you left holding the bairn.
The risks are not worth the effort even if you fired a strip of nails round it with a nail gun.

How about a new window or door being knocked through a once blank wall right next to your once safely positioned flue. Are you still liable?

completely different,i am talking about existing openings and the provisions for safety.as pointed out in this post,if a conservatory is added then it is up to the responsible person to adhere to safety.

Extreme scenario perhaps but possible.

How about an existing unopenable window which gets changed to an openable window.
There can only be so much responsibility apportioned to the installer or service engineer.

The MOT on a car is only proof that the vehicle was safe at the time of the test. Perhaps it will one day be law that all properties will require a safety certificate every year.

Do not put the flue termination close to a window fixed closed as it can be reversed as per previous post.MOT on houses/properties already exist in the letting sector.

Indeed, rented properties do require a gas cert, but not for owner occupied yet!
It may well come though and when it does I expect it will be driven by the home insurance providers.

Indeed, rented properties do require a gas cert, but not for owner occupied yet!
It may well come though and when it does I expect it will be driven by the home insurance providers.

What I've heard , there's not enough gas safe guys to cover britian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
Hi, thank you for the reply. It's confusing...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry guys, I simply can't read any of your...
Replies
Views
Back