Flue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Long story short got asked to do a landlord cert where boiler had a fault , got messed about something chronic on repair by suppliers then the tenant. Got the boiler working and was doing the cert and again messed about by tenant.

3 weeks later boiler went down again and owner got out the manufacturers engineer ,stupidly when i done the cert i forgot to check for access hatch as flue crossed over the hallway .Thus the flue passes through a void of about 1200mm till it terminates.

Now Manu's engineer has at risked boiler and owner has left answer phone message of how come never done that .

What you guys reckon of flue in small void like that?

a void is a void, theres bound to be a joint in there anyway so ar

Even tho you can clearly inspect flue from the cupboard, would you need a hatch over the short space?

Even tho you can clearly inspect flue from the cupboard, would you need a hatch over the short space?

can see the flue easy in the void from the cupboard ?

Did the manu engineer know it could be seen from the cupboard ?.

Shine a torch down yeah , however with all the aggro i never looked in the hall for hatch which the MANU engineer noted as AR by sounds of it

No hatches etc is AR , but IMO common sense prevails, if you can see the flue I wouldnt AR it .

Shine a torch down yeah , however with all the aggro i never looked in the hall for hatch which the MANU engineer noted as AR by sounds of it

is it close? eg within easy touching distance?

Well you can see the Flue over its length but as no inspection hatches its AR , i hold my hand up and missed the look for a hatch but you can see the flue length clearly from cupboard.

maybe i was wrong maybe MANU engineer gone overkill .

Either way in my next life I'm going to be a plasterer .

"Well you can see the Flue over its length" but as no inspection hatches its AR , i hold my hand up and missed the look for a hatch but you can see the flue length clearly from cupboard.

maybe i was wrong maybe MANU engineer gone overkill .

Either way in my next life I'm going to be a plasterer .

if anything comes off it say that, you should be fine flue readings fine?

Read the Flue in void TB.
It states using a common sense approach where having enough sight of flue running along the duct may alleviate the need for inspection hatches so is not automatically AR!
If I can visibly see enough to say flue is intact along its length and FGA is good it is just advice on hatches!

Well after all that turned up today and inspection hatch was in , i'm going mad asked tenant was that their before and she confirmed i looked inside it.
Turned out manufacture engineer never looked inside it as couldn't open it so issued AR !!!

Never know could have used a 2Mtr length of flue so would not be any joints to inspect anyway except for above boiler

If you can see the full length of the flue from the cupboard there is no need for inspection hatch. Inspection hatch is there to enable you to inspect the flue, if you can inspect it as it is, why should there be a need for a hatch?

I service a boiler with 8m flue installed down an old stone chimney, no way to fit hatches in. I fga incoming air and if that's ok then thats good enough for me.

I service a boiler with 8m flue installed down an old stone chimney, no way to fit hatches in. I fga incoming air and if that's ok then thats good enough for me.

there are special types for situations like that

large-flexible-flue-system.png

you sure its not one of them other than 1-2m lengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It sounds like a misinterpretation of...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
https://www.vaillant.co.uk/downloads/ecotec-sus...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
M
My feeling is that it's not the homeowners...
Replies
Views
Back