Neighbours Flue opinion needed | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Neighbours Flue opinion needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

(Sorry not read all comments)
You need to find out who the boiler manufacturer is ( Sorry I dont do many vertical flues , I dont know )
and find out the exact measurement from flue to window .

Thanks so much for your replies guys, it's reassuring to know that the flue is essentially safe gasses wise.

In your experiences is this kind of thing common? And were you in my place would you just live with it?

I don't want to go down an acrimonious route with the Council and cause a stir with the neighbours if this is something most folks just put up with (ill swallow my pride and get used to it)

I've read something in the past about discharge gasses not crossing a boundary and I'm concerned for any future sale of my house that the way the flue behaves may put off potential buyers.

Would there be anything my neighbour could do with this set up that would prevent the gasses blowing downwards towards the windows?

Thanks again for all your help this has been really helpful.

Not a thing. It’s more gasses at a nuisance level ie head height I think you’re worrying unnecessarily. What it’s going to boil down to is you proving that a to regs install is a nuisance

Would there be anything my neighbour could do with this set up that would prevent the gasses blowing downwards towards the windows?

Unless he has the weather fairy's direct line, or God's, then there is nothing he can do. You however could always shut the window.

Ignore it. You do not have a problem. However you will have if you obsess about it. ;)

Hell yeah, it’s a vertical flue. Now doesn’t a vertical chimney sound flipping stupid

Hello bogrodder,

The most stupid thing about the term `Flue` being changed to `Chimney` is the fact that ALL `Flues` are supposed to be called a `Chimney`.

Even a horizontal Fanned Flue through a wall is also supposed to be called a `Chimney` !

When the other Gas Engineers and I were told this at the Training & Assessment Centre / College in 2012 there was uproar !

Chris

Hello bogrodder,

The most stupid thing about the term `Flue` being changed to `Chimney` is the fact that ALL `Flues` are supposed to be called a `Chimney`.

Even a horizontal Fanned Flue through a wall is also supposed to be called a `Chimney` !

When the other Gas Engineers and I were told this at the Training & Assessment Centre / College in 2012 there was uproar !

Chris

Regardless of what has been introduced, they will always be referred to as flues and will until fossil fuels are given the axe, probably around 2035

It’s industry standard and we’re all set in ours ways

Hello again bogrodder,

As I mentioned in a previous message I have been calling a Flue a Flue for nearly 50 Years and unless I have to use the term `Chimney` in a Contract Specification or during a Gas ACS Assessment I will still use the term `Flue`.

Even then the fact that this `EU forced change` is so ridiculous and would not only be known to so few people but also be very confusing to readers that I would have to write something like `Boiler Chimney` [Flue].

Chris

handbags.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

P
As above through the roof. Also I doubt that...
Replies
Views
Hello, Ben this is what I thought as it seems...
Replies
Views
As a precaution report this to the building...
Replies
Views
I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
Back