flues/boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flues/boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Whats the crack with boiler manufactureres selling boilers with flues as added extra or options of bundle of 15 mm pipe or the flue . Dont get the logic kind of like selling new cars with wheels as added extra everytime i pop into merchants i see the posters and flyers with the boilers plus flue packeages etc

baffles me !!

Depends on which flue option you are going to take ?

Logical to me

Flues are sold seperate from boilers as not every job needs a horizontal. It used to pi$$ me off years ago when i was doing a vertical and had to bin a std flue that i had paid for because it came with the boiler.
What bothers me more is the difference in price between them especially verticals when the same flues made by the same people cost an extra £15 for different writing on the box!

As Tamz and simon say, what flue would you have them bundle with the boiler, horizontal, vertical, telescopic, cuttable, elbows, flat or pitched roof flashing, 100 or 125mm. There are too many variable depending on site conditions, though the huge variability in pricing between the manufacturers is quite annoying.

Flues are sold seperate from boilers as not every job needs a horizontal. It used to pi$$ me off years ago when i was doing a vertical and had to bin a std flue that i had paid for because it came with the boiler.
What bothers me more is the difference in price between them especially verticals when the same flues made by the same people cost an extra £15 for different writing on the box!

i can only imagine its boiler manufactures mark up? you would have thought that a more popular brand would be able to be cheaper as they sell more and make a bigger overall profit so can keep cost down, but this does not seem to happen.

I noticed the other week when I bought some flue components for a Glowworm boiler. The exact same parts with the same part number being sold as a Saunier Duval component but considerably dearer than the Glowworm component.

i believe that most boiler manufactures use the same few flue manufactures, the differences are normally just cosmetic like box,colour. I cant remember the last time i came across a different vertical flue slate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

How did you get on, did you have it installed...
Replies
Views
why do they think a painted metal flue cant...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
I hoping for the best.
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Back