flues in voids and chimmneys and twin wall | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flues in voids and chimmneys and twin wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

a few months ago phoned gas safe about an asbestos flue from an open flue boiler that was boxed in. i asked does it have to have inspection hatches and was told no as its a chimmney not a flue and the flues in voids only applies to room sealed applances not open flue appliances.been on my re assesment today and was told any flue or flue chimmney( asbestos / twin wall) must be inspectable.i am now totaly baffled who is correct.

ant

Ideally any jointed flue should have joints visible for inspection to confirm they are sound. On older open flue boilers this is not always possible, but this does not come under the 'flues in voids remit' and as long as all smokes are good mark as NCS as I have done many times.

Out of interest how did your assessment center say it should be dealt with/classified then?

Ideally any jointed flue should have joints visible for inspection to confirm they are sound. On older open flue boilers this is not always possible, but this does not come under the 'flues in voids remit' and as long as all smokes are good mark as NCS as I have done many times.

Out of interest how did your assessment center say it should be dealt with/classified then?

according to the new regs most flue issues are now AR they said if it cant be inspected then AR when new reg comes in.been trying to find the flues in voids article in the gas safe magazine but cant find it

ant

ant

on my re assesment today and was told any flue or flue chimmney( asbestos / twin wall) must be inspectable.i am now totaly baffled who is correct.

ant

Look up tb 008ed 2.1 and also the questions and answers and decide for yourself who is correct.

My understanding is that TB008 just applies to room sealed appliances.

Last edited:
the main reason we are having to be so vigilant with flues in voids is the leakage of condense has cause flue failure to be more common those flues with steel outers especially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you From what has been said There seems...
2 3
Replies
Views
L
I had this at a company I used to work at...
Replies
Views
The Goose
T
G
Your installer sounds like a disaster waiting...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
The flue with 2 flue brackets on it for...
Replies
Views
P
Mr AWheating is spot on get BG back and do as...
Replies
Views
Centralheatking
C
Back