Fluless fire | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fluless fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got called to one of these in a small flat yesterday flame keeps cutting out both times i was there worked fine . Flame picture all good , pressure and gas rate all good ,tenant said that sometimes works for several hours before it cuts out . No issue with controls and room has CO alarm which i tested and appeared to work.

Thought maybe dust or dirt in burner but visual look good and flame was evenly burning across it, one concern was fire stated not to be installed in room less than 30 m2 however rough measure got 35m2.

Thinking air in room is becoming vitiated as has small kitchen attached to lounge with no door, what else could cause this on a fire like this?

Vitiated. What type flueless gas fire. Had you contacted gas safe??

Is there anything affecting it like a ceiling fan or extractor??

0.0012 acceptable ratio . What's it say in MIs

Or any other appliances. But if you say you have checked the room Co and there is an alarm present. HD you checked the FSD

Tried calling manu ?? Might be some silly fault or adjustment that they are aware of

What is 4" in cm2??
Just sounds like vitiated. Or some kind of thermostat or control fault. I'm looking for Focal, to see what it looks like via Google

I was thinking faulty oxy safe but its so stuffy in the room started thinking that room was vitiated. Starting to think be just easier to shut fire down less hassle.

Agreed mate. I find these things terrifying. They can be fine one day and not the next depending on how the filters cope. Good thing they have a co detector but all the same I bet it's the typical never serviced attitude but it looks nice on the wall

So many different types in focal. It must be the cassette type I imagine.
Tightness test -
Input -
All okay.
Had you tried a working pressure test with ALL other appliances working??

Supposed the day is over now. Hope you got to grips with the fire mate.

Surely if only 35cm2 you've measures close enough to!!, and MIs say 4 inch vent required "small flat" and 7kW gas appliance and flame failure. Just sounds very complicated.
I'd try a working pressure test with ALL other appliances working on full.!
Check working pressure at meter and the appliance.

landlord has decided can't be bothered with it so left it off .I did do a working pressure with all appliances and all good .

sommat to do with cooking or flat gas demand then my guess..............

not a shared chimney is it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
That is a brilliant idea. The fan takes more...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the help, went...
Replies
Views
Back