from open to a sealed system | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss from open to a sealed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am to change a leaking indirect open vented cylinder for a unvented system, thhe current system is a mid position valve set up on a y plan, my understanding is ,you now have to have 2 x 2port valves to comply with regs and this is on a s plan,the position of the cylinder is to remain the same, my question is what is the easyest way around this

Apart from the discharge pipe next issue is wiring and do you have the system live available for the 'S'plan?

just put the 2 port valve that comes with the cylinder on the feed after the 3 port, there are wiring diagrams that show the wiring layout, the megaflo instructions used to have the diagram but as I dont install them any longer not sure if its still the case.

just put the 2 port valve that comes with the cylinder on the feed after the 3 port, there are wiring diagrams that show the wiring layout, the megaflo instructions used to have the diagram but as I dont install them any longer not sure if its still the case.
yes i have seen that done, but i was not sure if there was a wiring diagram for that set up ,in the situation i am in that option would be far the easyest all i would have to do is include the 2 port

do you mean 6 core instead of 5 core or have i missed the boat

You need a permanent live for the zone valves on an 'S'. No guarantee of that being available in the cylinder cupboard, assuming the ;Y' diverter etc are there in the cyl cupboard at the mo?

You need a permanent live for the zone valves on an 'S'. No guarantee of that being available in the cylinder cupboard, assuming the ;Y' diverter etc are there in the cyl cupboard at the mo?
wiring centre and mid postion all in cuboard,how can i over come the problem if there is not a live ,can i take it from some were else,a y plan is a y plan so diagram will be transerable from open vented to unvented set up,correct me if i'm wrong,i

wiring centre and mid postion all in cuboard,how can i over come the problem if there is not a live ,can i take it from some were else,a y plan is a y plan so diagram will be transerable from open vented to unvented set up,correct me if i'm wrong,i

PLive has to be isolated by the same fuse spur. Saying that the wiring centre will have a PL if the programmer is wired from it or the boiler has a pump o-run wired from the centre! Really all depends how they've wired it up ...

Not sure but you may be able to leave the 'y' plan in and add an aditional zone valve to the h/w circuit like a second check valve? There was a post the other day that discussed this! Obviously don't quote me on this and go off the manu instructions yeh?

PLive has to be isolated by the same fuse spur. Saying that the wiring centre will have a PL if the programmer is wired from it or the boiler has a pump o-run wired from the centre! Really all depends how they've wired it up ...

Not sure but you may be able to leave the 'y' plan in and add an aditional zone valve to the h/w circuit like a second check valve? There was a post the other day that discussed this! Obviously don't quote me on this and go off the manu instructions yeh?
but does that set up cover g3 requirements, i suppose technically it does....

well make sure you're happy coz it isn't something I've personally done but it is theoretically possible desrob.

puddle are you stalking me.....ha ha ha

?????

What have I done now,only thing I am stalking is me next bottle of wine !

if you do not have a p/l ,is pump about as you could wire power from pump live through high limit into 2 port valve

you can only use cylinder stat demand if you fit a auto by pass for pump over run

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
?????

What have I done now,only thing I am stalking is me next bottle of wine !

if you do not have a p/l ,is pump about as you could wire power from pump live through high limit into 2 port valve

you can only use cylinder stat demand if you fit a auto by pass for pump over run

imho
haha.....yes pumps there and a auto by pass is piped up,what will the old cylinder stat be used for

The old cylinder thermostat wires will just be transfered to the new cylinder stat on the unvented cylinder

The old cylinder thermostat itself will become redundent,find it hard to make any kind of decent living in this new world it finds itself in,maybe a few weeks work here and there as a temp pipe stat,eventually its world will fall apart,be driven to drink and drugs and living rough in bottom of some old parts box in the back of a tatty old plumber van and.....................

Last edited by a moderator:
The old cylinder thermostat wires will just be transfered to the new cylinder stat on the unvented cylinder

The old cylinder thermostat itself will become redundent,find it hard to make any kind of decent living in this new world it finds itself in,maybe a few weeks work here and there as a temp pipe stat,eventually its world will fall apart,be driven to drink and drugs and living rough in bottom of some old parts box in the back of a tatty old plumber van and.....................
the punter has now mentioned an interes in solar power and as i am putting new cylinder in can it be solar compatable,and be piped up at a later date,sio i'm presuming,the unvented solar cylinders have a extra coil,will i be able just to blank unused coil ready for later date

Yes any solar cylinder will have a solar coil it can be conected up after install
no need to cap the solar coil leave open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
You could go smaller if you go pdhw eg 180l...
Replies
Views
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
Back