full install - pipe work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss full install - pipe work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 102951

Hi all
Im new here... and new to any type of plumbing...
I have a bit of a project - see attached.
Could someone please tell me have I got the pipework ok for this installation?
Am I be better off doing everything in copper or should I use HEP20 everywhere apart from where its chased into walls?
Can I use 15mm piping everywhere or should I use 22mm?
Any advice much appreciated
Thanks
legepe

Plumbing1.jpg

Simplistically - Think of the central heating pipework like a tree.

Is the tree trunk the same size as the branches... No, because it has to be bigger to support branches & feed the leaves (rads) .
So feed coming from boiler pipework (trunk) should larger than the branches.
Do all the branches grow from one another... No - They cannot efficiently feed all the leaves that way.
So individual feeds to/fro rads should come off/to supply/return trunks & not be in a loop aka your plan.

Personally i would bring 22mm out onto landing area & individually tap off for each bedroom rad.
For down stairs i would try & drop in 22mm in stud wall void & then 15mm to lounge & bed 1.
Similar for other downstairs rooms.

Other option is the manifold way with 22mm feed to manifold & then 10/15mm feeds individually to each rad. That way if properly done system balancing is easier & with correct set up you can have individual room zones throughout.

A lot to consider but it's up to you.

Also please don't forget to insulate pipes in void areas as well.

Thanks

Andy

Similar plumbing topics

D
you can bud but if you have to go through...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't know if you are aware of the "Society...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, I need to investigate. I visited...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
Back