full install - pipework? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss full install - pipework? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

very hard to give you exact lists tbh, whats the flooring and joist system?

copper is the best option if suitable plastic if pulmbing from below into ceiling space. plastic 10mm drops may be better than copper into electrical boxes or triangles. best ask your plumber.

list to start you off:

15m of 28mm copper pipe
45m of 22mm copper pipe
60m of 15mm copper pipe
50m coil of 10mm copper pipe
10 x 28mm elbows
2 x 28mm 45 elbows
4 x 28mm couplers
2 x 28mm equal tee
4 x 28x22mm reducers
1 x 28mm cap end
50 x 22mm elbows
10 x 22mm couplers
4 x 22mm st elbows
4 x 22mm equal tee
4 x 22x22x15mm tee
4 x 22x15x22mm tee
4 x 22x15mm reducer
4 x 22mm cap end
70 x 15mm elbows
12 x 15mm couplers
16 x 15mm tees
20 x 15x10mm reducers
4 x 15mm cap end
2 x rolls of hair felt lagging
1 x roll of lead free solder
1 x tub of flux
1 x bottle of mapp gas
2 x boxes of 4x75mm screws
2 x boxes of 4x40mm screws
1 x box of 5x60mm screw
1x box of brown wall plugs
1 x bag of 15mm nail clips
1 x bag of 10mm nail clips
1 x bag of 22mm nail clips
2 x rolls of 50mm yellow insulation tap
12m of 2x2 timber

if plastic also
150 x 15mm inserts
100 x 22mm inserts
25 x 10mm inserts
34m of 2x2 timber

plastic needs clipping/ supports every 300 to 500mm

Most plumbing and heating suppliers will supply you with a heating pack which will contain all the main components fittings ,and pipe you need , if this is new build then its plastic under floors and where not visable and copper on show. Refurb then you can get away with copper which in my opinion is far superior. Kop

As above really. Copper is by far superior and when installed I would won’t to make sure it’s will be insulated with armaflex. If you use plastic then I would only use crimping rather than pushfits. Me personally I would use a combi storage boiler rather than an unvented cylinder but that’s preference. If you ask plenty of plumbers you’ll see that everyone of them may have a different idea of installing such a new system.

plastic costs more for materials but labour is alot less. also most newbuilds are done from below in ceiling for health and safety and constructions reasons. most joist systems make it very hard to install lengths of copper without damage.

the only new builds that are normally all copper are one offs and national trust type housing associations.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Simplistically - Think of the central heating...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wouldn't worry about them. Leave them a be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't know if you are aware of the "Society...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back