G4 meter max kwts that can be run off it? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss G4 meter max kwts that can be run off it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Have to say I thought it was up to 70kw appliances not the across whole install.

On the point of a U16 meter and gas safe certificate not needing a tightness test then surely this would then become a commercial safety check in which you’d need the commercial qualification.

I think you're getting a bit confused. I think it's max on one appliance up to 70kwts for domestic, but if the total is say on 3 separate appliances adds up to more than 70kwts it's okay.
And Firemant, yes you're right. Gas safe have said I should advise the client of the meter being too small ( 7.3m3 was after the diversity factor! ) and tell them to get the supplier in to take a look and see what they think, but if I see the flame is affected on the hob with all the appliances running I should AR it. I can also still carry out a landlord gas safety check and issue a certificate even though the gas volume will now be commercial if a bigger meter is fitted. That's because you don't have to do a tightness test, which seems a bit odd to me.
I disagree with the above about the 70kw’s

Have to say I thought it was up to 70kw appliances not the across whole install.

On the point of a U16 meter and gas safe certificate not needing a tightness test then surely this would then become a commercial safety check in which you’d need the commercial qualification.
The only way that would work is if there was more than 1 meter

Call Gas safe then. Any single appliance up to 70kwt for domestic and the total number of kwts from all the appliances is irrelevant. You can do as many kwts on a llgsc check as the meter can take.
Haven’t got time to debate this mate. On my way out for the weekend. Maybe one of the other mods can take a look please.

Call Gas safe then. Any single appliance up to 70kwt for domestic and the total number of kwts from all the appliances is irrelevant. You can do as many kwts on a llgsc check as the meter can take.

I am not commercial, and have never had the issue, but that sounds right to me. I thought commercial was an APPLIANCE at 70Kw, OR based on pipe volume. (>o.035?). Existence of either one will kick in commercial ticket requirement. I would not stake my house on this, though.

The 70Kw comes from standards and regs which are generally used in domestic situations and will cover the installation of hot water boilers and all that goes with them (such as their associated flues and ventilation) up to but not exceeding a maximum of 70Kw net.
That is per appliance. It does not mean that you have to divide the 70Kw between all the appliances you install in one premises.
Other standards exist for larger appliances.

If you had a U16 installed you would (as you know) be working on a commercial sized installation.
Only if the m3 volume was over .0035 including the pipe work, which in this case it is, but it won't always be just because it has a U16 metete. Yes I know it's now commercial but I'm still allowed to do a llgc on the property as a gas tightness test is required. I will get a friend in who has a commercial ticket though to tightness test it for my own piece of mind.

Only if the m3 volume was over .0035 including the pipe work, which in this case it is, but it won't always be just because it has a U16 metete. Yes I know it's now commercial but I'm still allowed to do a llgc on the property as a gas tightness test is required. I will get a friend in who has a commercial ticket though to tightness test it for my own piece of mind.

Yes, I was referring to the job you are doing after a correctly sized meter has been installed (if it is installed). Following that you will be over the 0.035 M cubed, including the primary meter and that makes it a commercial gas installation. It is then outside the scope of IGE/UP 1B and within IGE/UP 1A.

Just thought I’d add this. Check the last bullet.

Attachments

• 4F696A19-C7B7-4573-BCDC-02FD570AEDCD.jpeg
    4F696A19-C7B7-4573-BCDC-02FD570AEDCD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Many thanks bacon_sandwich.
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
On the basis that one opinion is good but two...
Replies
Views
Back