Gas boiler question please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas boiler question please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Been busy this week but have a question if ok.

A flat has has a new boiler fitted in the bedroom.

The boiler is about a foot off the ground & next to the bed.

Are there any regs that state this cannot be?

Or if not, should it be boxed in?

Basically, I've been asked to box it in. The agent gas said there's nothing to say the boiler cannot/shouldn't be situated where it is.

It look ridiculous as it's where you'd put your bedside table.

Any thoughts?

Legal from you gas men please.

Cheers

Rct

No problem with it there legally. Not where I'd want one but if that's the only place it will fit then so be it. Make sure any boxing complies with the manufacturers instructions.

We all have seen them in stupid places but this one takes the biscuit.........sweet dreams eh

Thx for reply. Should it have air vents?

Time engineer must've been crazy, it could've gone a lot higher in the room

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400787055.902729.jpg

Here it is!!

Manufacturer instructions is King here. I've come across boilers where it states vents are not needed in compartments...

Ok, IF I do it I'll put them in. It's shocking really that someone will sleep next to this.

Must be desperate!

Where does the flue come out ? maybe that's the reason for position of boiler.

I can't see the problem. Who wouldn't want to hear that heap chugging away whilst they try to get to sleep?

Don't forget to add a label stating 'warning, this compartment contains a carp boiler'.
hows a 105 crap?its probably outlived most ferrolis and aristons and was certainly much better than anything Worcester had at the time

Why the negative input in a 105? Always liked them myself.
baxi sold 8 million of them,they were the country's best selling combi,thats why theres one in my house i dont want a boiler i have to fix all the time

The only reason to put it that low would be because he was short on copper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Unfortunately just because it works now...
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
Back