Gas boilers scrapped by 2050? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas boilers scrapped by 2050? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

@Jerry, Any hint of increasing housing standards would send the large house builders squelling to their lobbyists and putting the brakes on so little chance of any political inducement for change unless the price of gas quadrupled. Plenty of members here work on new housing stock and can probably attest to the dire standards of design and workmanship still employed so don't hold your breath.

Didnt this happen a few years back? Gas was meant to of been stopped on new build a few years back but the builders kicked off as it was too expensive for them to do it and as the government said they would build 1 million homes by something like 2020 they held them to ransom so the government backed down.

I found it ironic that the govt have announced we are to be carbon free by 2050, BP and other oil super majors have been on record saying recoverable oil runs out by 2055.

We are moving to hydrogen which is the most abundant gas in the universe (but not on earth so we have to make it).
However it will take us back to band b boilers

Can't see it...or rather won't live to see it! I've expanded my remit to include Ground Heat Source Pumps anyway, but I think it may be a luxury at present.

I found it ironic that the govt have announced we are to be carbon free by 2050, BP and other oil super majors have been on record saying recoverable oil runs out by 2055.

We are moving to hydrogen which is the most abundant gas in the universe (but not on earth so we have to make it).
However it will take us back to band b boilers
Trouble is. To make hydrogen, you need to use lots of electricity. So using a fuel to make a fuel.

I spoke to a colleague who had a gas safe inspection. And he said he thought hydrogen is coming. How would this work, all new appliances? That can run off hydrogen?
To be fair, we all think hydrogen is coming next. The fact that a gas safe inspector also thinks this kinda means nothing. I was speaking to a mate of mine today regarding the futire of gas and he said he recently had a visit round the ideal factory. He spoke about the future of gas with them and was told that currently ideal are still heavily investing in gas boilers. Also that they haven't been given any formal info regarding the future use of gas. Yes something new will have to take over gas but what and when is still anyones guess.

To be fair, we all think hydrogen is coming next. The fact that a gas safe inspector also thinks this kinda means nothing. I was speaking to a mate of mine today regarding the futire of gas and he said he recently had a visit round the ideal factory. He spoke about the future of gas with them and was told that currently ideal are still heavily investing in gas boilers. Also that they haven't been given any formal info regarding the future use of gas. Yes something new will have to take over gas but what and when is still anyones guess.

Of course they are still investing heavily in gas its staying here

Similar plumbing topics

I said in another post, heat pumps have been...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back