Gas central heating problem | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas central heating problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lynne

hello, we moved house very recently. 10 radiators in property. Gas boiler is a British Gas 330 Condensing Boiler (just been serviced). problem is if water and heating are on together, one radiator will not get warm, if heating only, all radiators function. Husband has bled system etc.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

This is not unusual as modern cylinders take so much heat (they can reheat themselves in around 30 mins) that there is not enough to do both at the same time.

Recommend that you set your programmer to have the boiler come on to heat the hot water only say 30 or 40 mins before you want the heating on (first thing in the morning), that way the cylinder will be switching off on its thermostat as the heating side opens.

BTW welcome to the forum :D

Last edited:
As above, also modulating boilers have "brain" of their own which can exasperate problem. Keep heating and hot water times separate.

I agree.
Balancing radiators may also help, if you have any that are always stinking hot then turn the 'non adjusble' valve down 1/4 turn with a spanner.

i would also find out if you have a balancing valve on the cylinder which may need shutting down it will be on the return from the cylinder
if you havent got one this is the problem as all the flow will be racing round that circuit

thank you so much for your responses - worked immediately. very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Replies
Views
Back