Gas Fire ID please. | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Fire ID please. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Masey

Gas Engineer
Can anyone help with finding a manual on this fire please. I was going to service it as a portfolio job but my mentor won't do it until I can find a manual for it. Can't find it anywhere online. Thanks.

8yruzu4a.jpg

adetu5ur.jpg

9u4a8uhy.jpg

Probably cause as he says he wants to service it. So possibly coal layout, kW etc. Have you tried googling, living flame Berkshire and seeing what comes up?

Last edited:
Does the second pic with the data badge not give you any more model details?

Looks quite new so data badge must have something on it of use.

Does the second pic with the data badge not give you any more model details?

take a picture of the coals with your phone,
data plate will do for the heat input

you can do the heat input without a data plate or manufacturers instructions if you know how :thinking:

take a picture of the coals with your phone.

How do you know the coals are in the right place to start with?

Ermintrude, there isn't many " basket " type manufacturers in the uk market these days. I do agree that I haven't seen them all but I do install them

Yep I wanted them for the ventilation requirements really. Heat Input is 6.95kw. Coals don't need a specific layout on this one just not allowed to be above the level of the frame. I think iv found them online. Been having a discussion with Kirk on a very similar one. Apparently no additional ventilation needed.....

[DLMURL]http://www.nu-flame.co.uk/Resources/Evolution%20Burner%20Instructions.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
That fire isn't a nu-flame and all nu-flame fires have coal/log/pebble layouts

Last edited:
That fire isn't a nu-flame and all nu-flame fires have coal/log/pebble layouts

Not according to the MI above mate.
I did this one a few weeks back and had the manual in front of me. Didn't have any specific layout.

7yzuvu6e.jpg

Last edited:
Yes you are right to a certain degree, the mi cover all the " mtm/ n fires but your link doesn't show the picture which does show you how they are laid out, so you get a rough idea of what you are to achieve. As a dealer of these fires I have spoke to them several times before, but that isn't a nu flame fire in the picture

Normally it's large coals along the back evenly spaced small at front and then stack them, max three high
[DLMURL]http://www.nu-flame.co.uk/Resources/Evolution%20Plus.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
What category / type of fire would you classify it as? DFE , radiant, room sealed? Flue less? Just have a niggle here?

take a picture of the coals with your phone,
data plate will do for the heat input

you can do the heat input without a data plate or manufacturers instructions if you know how :thinking:

How can you confirm the HI is correct without knowing what it should be, I'm familiar with a calculation to use gas rate to work out what the HI is, but as I say how do you then know it's right?

Id say it was a DFE but as Kirk said before, it clearly states no additional ventilation. (I'm talking about the Nu Flame here).

it says in accordance with current standards does it not? That mi is for about 35 different fires ? Thought all dfe had to have 100cm2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could try greasing the spindle of the gas...
Replies
Views
I get where you're coming from. By the way...
Replies
Views
Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
Does this help...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can...
Replies
Views
Back