Gas Fire ID please. | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Fire ID please. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you confirm the HI is correct without knowing what it should be, I'm familiar with a calculation to use gas rate to work out what the HI is, but as I say how do you then know it's right?
haha kirk, you just need to know how to do it,
no data plate or manufacturers instructions required, just remove the injectors,
measure the orifice, then calculate the burner pressure against the input rating

use the formula Q = 0.036 d2 C {√ P/S } = m3/hr

then knock up a new data plate,

old school stuff lol
--------------------

it says in accordance with current standards does it not? That mi is for about 35 different fires ? Thought all dfe had to have 100cm2

Yes but it lists the inputs of all the fires and it say fires 6.9 and below don't require ventilation

Builders opening needs to be max of 450 by 600. With a chair brick ideally

Thought it wasn't a nu flame and they were wrong instructions? So shouldn't default be 5440 part 2?

no data plate or manufacturers instructions required, just remove the injectors,
measure the orifice, then calculate the burner pressure against the input rating

old school stuff lol
--------------------

Obviously ;-)

Check builders opening is right size as it looks a bit on the wide side.

take a picture of the coals with your phone,
data plate will do for the heat input

you can do the heat input without a data plate or manufacturers instructions if you know how :thinking:

you can measure the gas rate but how would you know what it should be ? thats impossible without a data badge or mi's

old school stuff lol
--------------------

and what if its got the wrong injector fitted?youve now got a fire thats burning less or more gas than it was designed for

Without manufacturers data you can not test and service any appliance. Injector could be worn or incorrect size/gas type etc....

The bsaket is a generic design, but probably by gakllery or Capital. the fire could be any random tray fire. if you DO decide to maintain a fire with no Mi's, you really should assume 100cm2, regardless of rated input, unless the badge says otherwise, or has NV on the badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could try greasing the spindle of the gas...
Replies
Views
I get where you're coming from. By the way...
Replies
Views
Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
Does this help...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can...
Replies
Views
Back